hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I still believe they are rolling out another pkg. who knows what it will be called but my guess it will include 37s and high performance adjustable shocks 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I still believe they are rolling out another pkg. who knows what it will be called but my guess it will include 37s and high performance adjustable shocks 🤷‍♂️
the elusive Mojave Wrangler maybe?

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Maybe the hellcat 37inch xr package will be next? I will sign up

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
This a totally unsubstantiated rumor, but a friend of mine who's "close" to some information tells me that there's indeed going to be a "HEMI final edition" package next year. It's the last hurrah for the SRT HEMI engine that will be discontinued at the end of the '23 model year. I don't have details, but he tells me that he's heard all kinds of very cool things (factory winch, more HP, upgraded XR suspension and tires, 360 degree trail cam, to name a few). It's just a rumor now, but after dealing with FCA and predecessors for so many years, this doesn't sound totally impossible. After '23, there's going to be a heavy emphasis on EV and Fiat platforms, so we'll have to see what happens.

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
This a totally unsubstantiated rumor, but a friend of mine who's "close" to some information tells me that there's indeed going to be a "HEMI final edition" package next year. It's the last hurrah for the SRT HEMI engine that will be discontinued at the end of the '23 model year. I don't have details, but he tells me that he's heard all kinds of very cool things (factory winch, more HP, upgraded XR suspension and tires, 360 degree trail cam, to name a few). It's just a rumor now, but after dealing with FCA and predecessors for so many years, this doesn't sound totally impossible. After '23, there's going to be a heavy emphasis on EV and Fiat platforms, so we'll have to see what happens.
I think they proved to themselves that right now there is no limit of what we are willing to spend on some stuff. So why not a 100k Jeep? The 392xr package proves that even more. You wave something “more” I front of us, and we jump. Sold out in weeks…

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they proved to themselves that right now there is no limit of what we are willing to spend on some stuff. So why not a 100k Jeep? The 392xr package proves that even more. You wave something “more” I front of us, and we jump. Sold out in weeks…
Yeah - I went through this with various Vipers. My first one cost me around $50k and I got it at invoice. I heard that one was going to be the last of the "Blue and White Stripe) cars, which it was. Then I got an ACR right before Chrysler went bankrupt because I heard that was the pinnacle of Vipers and Vipers were discontinued - and that one sat on the assembly line for over six months (and it cost over $110k). Then I got a 2017 ACR-E because it was the new "pinnacle" of Viper performance and the last of the Vipers and I paid about $170k for it at invoice. All of them have ended up being classics - with the '17 now worth in the $400k range (so I never drive it...). I think the last of the HEMI cars will all be collectible - especially the '23 models since those are the last of the last. We'll probably see a whole new wave of MSRP +$20k "deals" popping up, and the Jeeps will likely have a price tag well over $100k since so few V8 Rubicons were made through the lifespan of the car.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I think they will be coming out with an upgraded XR package. I jokingly call it "XXX" R. It will probably be on 37s with better suspension to compete against the Bronco Raptor.

I will be happy with my 392 XR if it ever shows up. Regardless, I think any 392 variant is going to be an extremely valuable collector car for the foreseeable future.

I do think the 392 will be replaced with a high performance model that will match or exceed the 392 but the v8 will be gone.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What's the GVWR of the 392 XR? Maybe there's a safety concern.

People add so much weight modifying Jeeps.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the GVWR of the 392 XR? Maybe there's a safety concern.

People add so much weight modifying Jeeps.
I believe it is a bit more than 6100 lbs, which is the GVWR of the standard Rubicon 392. I remember reading somewhere that the GVWR was 6400 lbs, but I don't see where the XR package could add 300 pounds... On that note, for those of you who have a small business, the Rubicon 392 is definitely eligible for the Section 179 deduction.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Dodge / FCA has not said they are discontinuing the 392. Only the Hellcat is gone after 2023. The 392 / 6.4 is going to continue on in Ram trucks and they’re using it in the new challenger in 2024 along with a hybrid. The E muscle program is supposed to replace the supercharged hellcat program. They still need NA V-8 to compete with mustang and Camaro. The new I six turbo replaces the 5.7 hemi. Leaving the 6.4. To do the v8 work for now.
If somebody can post the link that shows were the 392 is discontinued please post it. Don’t just quote me and say I’m wrong.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge / FCA has not said they are discontinuing the 392. Only the Hellcat is gone after 2023. The 392 / 6.4 is going to continue on in Ram trucks and they’re using it in the new challenger in 2024 along with a hybrid. The E muscle program is supposed to replace the supercharged hellcat program. They still need NA V-8 to compete with mustang and Camaro. The new I six turbo replaces the 5.7 hemi. Leaving the 6.4. To do the v8 work for now.
If somebody can post the link that shows were the 392 is discontinued please post it. Don’t just quote me and say I’m wrong.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was kind of like the Russian invasion of Ukraine. We saw it happening for a long time before it actually occurred. Here's a link to a fairly credible article on the topic:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features-3/dodge-cancelling-hemi-v8/

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was kind of like the Russian invasion of Ukraine. We saw it happening for a long time before it actually occurred. Here's a link to a fairly credible article on the topic:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/features-3/dodge-cancelling-hemi-v8/
That’s a reliable source? Click bait. FCA/Dodge announced the end of the Hellcat. Lots of official links to that. But provide a link from FCA that shows the V8 is gone. Nobody can.

Last edited:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
FCA to continue V8

“2024 Ram Power Wagon 2500 engine

Currently the biggest mystery is the powertrain, about the latest generation of Ram HD pickups. We believe that might carry over, the existing 5.7-liter V8, 6.4-liter V8, and 6.7-liter Cummins-sourced inline-six turbodiesel. At least some of the engines might gain the mild hybrid equipment from the 1500 as a method to improve fuel economy, one is possibility. The Power Wagon and the rest of the Ram 2500 and 3500 lineup could debut as soon as the 2023 North American International Auto Show in January, so about them, soon, we will know more.”
https://www.worldcarblog.com/en/car-models/dodge/107-dodge/296-2024-ram-power-wagon-2500-pickup

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
2024 Ram 3500 Engine
Two engine options will power the 2024 Ram 3500 heavy-duty truck. The powerful 6.4-liter V8 engine will power this model, producing 410 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. Comparing these numbers to the previous model shows that the new model has 15 more horses. The next model is a great choice if you want more power and torque. The optional 6.7-liter V8 engine is reliable and produces an astonishing 930 lb-ft of torque as well as 370 horsepower.

2024-Ram-3500-Engine.png
2024 Ram 3500 Engine
According to the manufacturer, the Ram 3500 with a gasoline engine can tow 14,000 pounds. That's pretty impressive. The diesel powertrain, however, is better and can pull 30,000 pounds thanks to Hill Start Assist. Both models will have the same 6-speed manual gearbox. We can expect improvements in the fuel economy rate over the current model.
Sponsored