Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Hmmm— could they possibly have pulled the pkg to re-tune suspension for 37’s since Bronco now offers them? Just a thought.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Why do they play around with us, it's like how they offer colors. They offered the Snazzberry, then pulled it and then after a couple of months they offered it again for about 6-8 weeks it was available again before they pulled it. Now they're doing it with the XR package? DAMN, I would think that package would be extremely popular and profitable for them. I get tired of games very quickly
This has been going on long before the Pandemic. I had my dealer in Summer 2018 try ordering Punk'n. I was weeks away from pulling the trigger on Mojito Green or Firecracker Red. Then September came and Punk'n was back on the menu. So I had him pull the trigger. We talked a bit and he said (at his level, and that of his GM) there wasn't really any reasoning given. I know him, and he's been straight up with me the whole time, so I believe him.
Based on some of the threads about manufacturing at the actual factory, (Rubicons being produced at certain times vs. other models, etc), my guess is they forecast a certain amount of supplies into inventory per month. Once they exhaust that supply, it's either insanely difficult to get out next month's "allowance" early, or they figure people can wait it out/ peruse current inventory on the lots to try to find what they want. Supply chain issues have only made this worse.
Just my guess.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I agree. Seems like Jeep thinks the same way. Otherwise why would stellantis stop selling a upgrade package on a trim level(392) that nets them the most profit? HD axles are included stock, to me that is one of the big items of the XR package. So they are double dipping….
Yes the trim will net them the most profit per vehicle, but they sell far fewer 392 models that they do most others, and a much higher volume of a cheaper vehicle will net more money in the long run. And with the parts shortages and their commitment to get these High Tide and Beach editions out in time for Jeep Beach, I’m thinking that’s more of the issue than anything else.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Yes the trim will net them the most profit per vehicle, but they sell far fewer 392 models that they do most others, and a much higher volume of a cheaper vehicle will net more money in the long run. And with the parts shortages and their commitment to get these High Tide and Beach editions out in time for Jeep Beach, I’m thinking that’s more of the issue than anything else.
That makes sense. But there are some people that represent Jeep that I am told have said on Facebook that the XR package has braking and steering improvements that are not already on the regular 392…. That doesn’t bode well for Jeep. I had originally agreed with the idea of not offering the XR package to the 392 crowd, but now I am not sure how anyone would stand for that. “We built a 500hp Jeep and then removed the offer of improved braking and steering”…”That is correct Senator, we built a death machine“ lol…

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes sense. But there are some people that represent Jeep that I am told have said on Facebook that the XR package has braking and steering improvements that are not already on the regular 392…. That doesn’t bode well for Jeep. I had originally agreed with the idea of not offering the XR package to the 392 crowd, but now I am not sure how anyone would stand for that. “We built a 500hp Jeep and then removed the offer of improved braking and steering”…”That is correct Senator, we built a death machine“ lol…
AH—HA , another Consumer Reports plant has infiltrated the forum ;)

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
So in other words, if 2022 really is the last year for the 392 in a Wrangler (I’m not saying that is going to be true) and the XR was only available for order for like 5 months, then the 392 XR will be more rare than a Dodge Demon…

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
So in other words, if 2022 really is the last year for the 392 in a Wrangler (I’m not saying that is going to be true) and the XR was only available for order for like 5 months, then the 392 XR will be more rare than a Dodge Demon…
Except there seems to be 1000’s of orders for them. I wonder if they are 5 or 10 times to regular 392s.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Jeeps upgrading the rear axle to the new Dana 50 similar to Ford with 37 inch tire so that Jeep can an offer a 37 inch tire as well.
35 inch tires on XR V6/I4 models. (dana 44 F&R)
37 inch tires on XR V8 392. (dana 50 rear & 44 front)
This will allow them to offer a 2 wheel dr mode in the transfer case to pick up a little mpg to offset the 37 inch tires mpg loss.

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It would be good if Jeep pulled the package because they are getting ready to launch the response to the Bronco Raptor.

The "392 Ultra Xtreme Recon 37", which would, fingers crossed, come with factory 37 and bypass shocks.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be good if Jeep pulled the package because they are getting ready to launch the response to the Bronco Raptor.

The "392 Ultra Xtreme Recon 37", which would, fingers crossed, come with factory 37 and bypass shocks.
I’m holding out for the “392 Ultra Xtreme INXS Recon 39” to one up the Bronco :like:

Chacalou

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota

Is it accurate ?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Are there really that many people buying 392s? I know people like to spend money on Jeeps, but $80,000 for a Jeep doesn’t seem like something that a large percentage of people would purchase…