Sponsored

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited

Sad news. Hopefully it’s temporary and comes back as an option soon.
Why do they play around with us, it's like how they offer colors. They offered the Snazzberry, then pulled it and then after a couple of months they offered it again for about 6-8 weeks it was available again before they pulled it. Now they're doing it with the XR package? DAMN, I would think that package would be extremely popular and profitable for them. I get tired of games very quickly

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Why do they play around with us, it's like how they offer colors. They offered the Snazzberry, then pulled it and then after a couple of months they offered it again for about 6-8 weeks it was available again before they pulled it. Now they're doing it with the XR package? DAMN, I would think that package would be extremely popular and profitable for them. I get tired of games very quickly
I wonder if it has anything to do with the XR being offered on the new High Tide edition as well as the Willys. As well as the 392 sells, I imagine it’s still quite a bit lower volume than a regular Rubi or the HT or Willys will sell. Just speculation, but I’m sure part availability is an issue and they are picking and choosing which trims to offer it on.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
It wasn’t a popular opinion on this forum, but IMHO, the XR package, is not a great set of options for the 392. And Jeep was using the extra money collected from the 80k Jeep crowd to subsidize the XR package for the engine levels that need the package, which is all the others. The HD axles are stock on the 392. 4.56 on a 392 is good for 37’s or bigger, not the 35s. And the stock rims are too narrow based on manufacturer specs for 37s, yes I know they will fit! But there is not a lot of tires spec’ed for that narrow.

So make your own XR package and save the money. The 392 with 35s with a tailgate reinforcement(guess what I have!) is cheaper and more available than the XR package…

Flame suit on!

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
It wasn’t a popular opinion on this forum, but IMHO, the XR package, is not a great set of options for the 392. And Jeep was using the extra money collected from the 80k Jeep crowd to subsidize the XR package for the engine levels that need the package, which is all the others. The HD axles are stock on the 392. 4.56 on a 392 is good for 37’s or bigger, not the 35s. And the stock rims are too narrow based on manufacturer specs for 37s, yes I know they will fit! But there is not a lot of tires spec’ed for that narrow.

So make your own XR package and save the money. The 392 with 35s with a tailgate reinforcement(guess what I have!) is cheaper and more available than the XR package…

Flame suit on!
There are some limitations for sure depending on what direction someone wants to go on their build, but dollar for dollar it is a steal.

MrBear

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I wonder if it's a mechanical issue. Thoughts?

I can't find the original post but I scanned over it awhile back. The jist was the 392 weight and a shock bump issue. I also seen a non-392 XR at the dealer in dire need of spring correction.

Anyway, hope its temporary.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I wonder if it's a mechanical issue. Thoughts?

I can't find the original post but I scanned over it awhile back. The jist was the 392 weight and a shock bump issue. I also seen a non-392 XR at the dealer in dire need of spring correction.

Anyway, hope its temporary.
Doubtful, I’d say it’s probably more to do with parts shortages and which models to focus on.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

Flame suit on!
With a non-XR Rubicon, you can't get what the XR offers unless you go with the cheapest option for all your parts, and if you add labor you go over. Plus you lose the warranty on the gears(and who knows what else if the dealer try's to say your gears job messed up axel shafts, etc.) and the new axel you'd have to buy. Plus if you get a lemon(small chance but my 19 JL was a lemon) you'd have to revert it all back and hope you didn't sell your stock parts to recoup the costs of the aftermarket stuff you bought trying to replicate the XR.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
With a non-XR Rubicon, you can't get what the XR offers unless you go with the cheapest option for all your parts, and if you add labor you go over. Plus you lose the warranty on the gears(and who knows what else if the dealer try's to say your gears job messed up axel shafts, etc.) and the new axel you'd have to buy. Plus if you get a lemon(small chance but my 19 JL was a lemon) you'd have to revert it all back and hope you didn't sell your stock parts to recoup the costs of the aftermarket stuff you bought trying to replicate the XR.
All correct and considered, but since If I am upgrading the 7.5” wheels it won’t be to just 8”, 35” tires likely won’t be BFG , don’t want 37” tires and IMO 4.10’s are perfect for 35’s(4.56’s overkill) , no fox shocks, throw the flare extensions look like something Ford would do and concluded it’s not worth it to me. 🤔

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
All correct and considered, but since If I am upgrading the 7.5” wheels it won’t be to just 8”, 35” tires likely won’t be BFG , don’t want 37” tires and IMO 4.10’s are perfect for 35’s(4.56’s overkill) , no fox shocks, throw the flare extensions look like something Ford would do and concluded it’s not worth it to me. 🤔
4.10s on my manual Rubi with 35s and a six speed were awful, was in 4th gear on the highway at 75 to maintain speed way more than I would have liked. 4.56 would of been much better. I love the 4.56s on my XR Rubi with the V6 and the auto, they are perfect IMO.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4.10s on my manual Rubi with 35s and a six speed were awful, was in 4th gear on the highway at 75 to maintain speed way more than I would have liked. 4.56 would of been much better. I love the 4.56s on my XR Rubi with the V6 and the auto, they are perfect IMO.
With a V6 yes, 392 no. RPM to MPH of 373’s and 33’s is equivalent to 410’s and 36”tires, just enough to compensate for weight and rotating mass of 35’s and maintain about stock gearing. Had I wanted 37’s I would have wanted the 456’s😊

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
With a V6 yes, 392 no. RPM to MPH of 373’s and 33’s is equivalent to 410’s and 36”tires, just enough to compensate for weight and rotating mass of 35’s and maintain about stock gearing. Had I wanted 37’s I would have wanted the 456’s😊
If they ever offer the XR package on the 2dr V6 with manual and 4.88s I’m gonna jump. I wonder if the V6’s days are numbered with all the inline 6 talk.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they ever offer the XR package on the 2dr V6 with manual and 4.88s I’m gonna jump. I wonder if the V6’s days are numbered with all the inline 6 talk.
Probably, and it should be a meaningful upgrade from the V6. Since it appears they intended to replace the V6 and Hemi with it using different tunes upgrading from a lower tune to a higher tune should be very simple!👍

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Axles are the same between XR and non XR. Lift is the same, shocks are pretty comparable, I’ll take the fox SS Everytime.
Sponsored