Sponsored

Functional Beadlock Rings for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
Got my set Saturday, very well made. Waiting on tires and bolts to arrive. Will post pics when installed. Thanks Andy, really nice to talk to you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Got my set Saturday, very well made. Waiting on tires and bolts to arrive. Will post pics when installed. Thanks Andy, really nice to talk to you.
Excellent. Thanks for the update, Peter! Can't wait to see your pics. 😎

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
@DOOKEY
i see this thread lost a lot of momentum when pricing was announced. 😆

any idea if/when these will be produced with recessed bolt holes to protect the bolt heads?

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
@DOOKEY
i see this thread lost a lot of momentum when pricing was announced. 😆

any idea if/when these will be produced with recessed bolt holes to protect the bolt heads?
I could have done some better timing than releasing this right before Christmas. 🤣

This thread may slow down or go crazy but the amount of questions I'm getting lets me know there's quite a bit of misunderstanding about what Jeep was trying to do with these wheels. Most people think they have beadlocks when they just have the trim rings. There's also quite a few people confused about the difference between the 392 wheel and the 392 XR wheel. So we'll get it straightened out.

I'll get to the recessed bolt holes when I start adding designs into the rings. The designs will require thicker material to start. I started squeezing these in to get them going but I have a bunch more projects that need some attention. So the decorative designs will happen within months. Or... shortly after I get my 392 back from the shop. 😁

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
clearly, people don’t read; these were always advertised as “beadlock capable”.

and it would seem a number of people don’t realize the Beadlock Capable wheels were around well before the XR package; the only difference is the XR wheels weren’t painted black like the originals.

frankly, i don’t see the point in putting any design in any part that i’m likely to rub against rocks in normal usage. i’d encourage you to do the thicker rings with bolt head recesses *without* any designs. bonus; should be able to implement that improvement sooner. 😁

I could have done some better timing than releasing this right before Christmas. 🤣

This thread may slow down or go crazy but the amount of questions I'm getting lets me know there's quite a bit of misunderstanding about what Jeep was trying to do with these wheels. Most people think they have beadlocks when they just have the trim rings. There's also quite a few people confused about the difference between the 392 wheel and the 392 XR wheel. So we'll get it straightened out.

I'll get to the recessed bolt holes when I start adding designs into the rings. The designs will require thicker material to start. I started squeezing these in to get them going but I have a bunch more projects that need some attention. So the decorative designs will happen within months. Or... shortly after I get my 392 back from the shop. 😁

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
frankly, i don’t see the point in putting any design in any part that i’m likely to rub against rocks in normal usage. i’d encourage you to do the thicker rings with bolt head recesses *without* any designs. bonus; should be able to implement that improvement sooner. 😁
Exposed bolt heads give you better traction. It's science. 🤓

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Added two hardware options to the site. There is a grade 8.8 hex head bolt in yellow zinc and a Grade 12.9 Socket Cap Screw in black oxide.
Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road 25WithBlackBolts

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
This is a good look at the black powder coat option on the site for those that have been asking. 😎

Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road XRBeadlockRingPCB

And on the 392 Wheel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road PCBlackColor

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Alright. Been thinking about this for awhile. Like years. I'm leaning towards making it happen for my set. After making wheels for over a decade I've seen some people do really cool options and this is up there on the cool factor to me. Can easily make every washer whatever color you want. Can make the bolts whatever color you want. And they're frikkin flush mount for all you over thinkers. 🤣🤣

Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road 20230207_181454

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Painting my first article ring today. I would imagine this ends up on my wall next to some of the other products I've created over the years. Starting with some self etching primer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Functional Beadlock Rings  for ALL Beadlock Capable Wheels from Traction Off Road 20230215_091042

Status
Not open for further replies.