Sponsored

XR 35” Tire Package - Factory or Dealer installed?

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
All a Dealer has to do when it comes to paint, windshield, or interior, is take a PIC of the issue. Then send the PIC, along with a authorization repair request into the Factory, or Regional Factory Rep whichever. This is really all that the Dealer can do. But in Servicing His/Her Customer, they own this to their Customer to do it. Next they will receive a response back. It will be a yes, no, or the Factory Rep has to look at it first. I have been this route, and know for a fact that this is how it works.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
All a Dealer has to do when it comes to paint, windshield, or interior, is take a PIC of the issue. Then send the PIC, along with a authorization repair request into the Factory, or Regional Factory Rep whichever. This is really all that the Dealer can do. But in Servicing His/Her Customer, they own this to their Customer to do it. Next they will receive a response back. It will be a yes, no, or the Factory Rep has to look at it first. I have been this route, and know for a fact that this is how it works.
It is, but in my case Greenway Ford DCRJ never done it. Even though they said they done so.

EDIT: DCRJ not Ford

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The issue with Jeep maintenance is that the allocated time and rate for warranty work is atrociously bad. So dealers are always trying to avoid complicated warranty work that requires investigation, uncertainty, etc.

Your best bet is building a relationship with a good dealer and working with them. Sometimes tipping the tech and/or offering to pay extra.

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
Airpark Jeep, purchasing with them has been great in the past, we have purchased 3 new Jeeps there. Stay the F away from service.
Thanks for sharing. Airpark is less than 5 miles from me and is (was?) on my short list of dealers to contact when I'm ready to order next month. When I had my 2013 JKUR, I'd alternate between Chapman where I bought my JKUR and Airpark. Both had their positives and negatives for service.

Hope you get some positive news on this on Monday.

OP
OP
IrrationalCPA

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
The most entertaining thing happened during this process that I had to share. So I have a case manager, who refuses to believe the reinforced tailgate is a factory install even after sending the factory build sheet because the dealer said it was aftermarket He told me that I needed to take my car back to the dealership that installed it to remove and fix it. I said it’s factory, so you’re saying I need to take my car back to Ohio, to the factory where it came off the assembly line and say hi, remove my tire carrier, and he said YES. I am getting a new case manager after that, but I have accepted Jeep isn’t going to fix this, $70k car and I need to accept that a paint gun can’t fully spray a car and they rip paint off during installation of various parts.

Get excited for your service associates messing up your world in the future because they think our parts are aftermarket. I left a bad review on my dealerships internal survey, which said please anticipate a call from us, never got a call from their service manager like it claimed, called 2 days later and left a message for the service manager and 3 days later still no call back. I did ask for the service manager at first but he was off that day and they refused to get the GM, so I am not shocked on the radio silence. I cancelled my Defender order after I bought the Jeep and now am second guessing after the customer service. At least still have a Macan GTS in order that in a few months when I get the call that I have an allocation if Jeep Cares continues to be as fantastic as they are I can just move back to Porsche.

It just blows my mind that their customer service told me to take the car back to the factory to get the tailgate removed…I get staffing is short but damn.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thanks for sharing. Airpark is less than 5 miles from me and is (was?) on my short list of dealers to contact when I'm ready to order next month. When I had my 2013 JKUR, I'd alternate between Chapman where I bought my JKUR and Airpark. Both had their positives and negatives for service.

Hope you get some positive news on this on Monday.
Stay away from Airpark for sales. Parts is good. Service is good for me because I know people and skip the bs. It’s like anything else — if you’re a random off the street and don’t know anyone it’s going to be hit or miss at nearly every dealership.

OP
OP
IrrationalCPA

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
After 5 months of just trying to get Jeep to tell me that my tire carrier was not aftermarket but factory (didn’t even care about the repair at this point, I wanted assurance my XR package was indeed factory and not voiding my powertrain), I gave up. I think a major piece of the problem was Airpark Jeep not correcting their mistake with Jeep, telling me one thing but not telling Jeep,, so Jeep had no reason to change their stance.

Make sure if you have the XR Package you confirm with the service associate that they know what it is, otherwise you might end up like me, extremely disappointed in Jeep, and honestly disgusted at how they treat their customers. This was my 3rd Wrangler and 7th Jeep and I was the last. Sold it this week, and felt like a weight was lifted, but have a feeling I won’t be the only one w this issue and it’s sad.

Make sure you have a good service associate and good service director and GM that actually return calls and listen! Or just find something out of warranty cause Jeep in my experience will do anything to avoid repairing.
Sponsored