First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i renewed mine and will have to call prior to the next expiration date to renegociate the price from pre price at $249. and get the same package that i have now. i'm paying $120 for the year. to be honest i would of done the al la cart because theres only like 10 channels i listen to. the problem is that i cant get the nascar with that package. but overall i like the xm radio and basically the only thing i listen to since the am/fm stations are crap.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have Sirius in my truck and now you get the phone app with it, so I use the phone app in my Jeep on Bluetooth. BUT, I now also have Spotify and I’m seriously thinking about cancelling Sorius/XM for good.

Either way, over the air radio is terrible, commercial heavy and only plays a very limited music selection. No matter if it’s current music or classic.
True..

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I just subscribed to the Select package for $4.99 a month. for 12 months.

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Well...I guess I'm the odd guy here. I paid for it once with a truck. I told them I'd ONLY accept the 1year deal without auto renewal. They said okay we will call you and it'll shutoff. It didn't and in the meantime my card number changed. They couldn't charge me and then called me for collections. I stayed on the phone for an hour before they agreed to remove the charges and remove the service (I didn't have the truck anymore).

I also NEVER use it anymore, I just stream from my phone with Bluetooth. I just do podcasts and music. Sometimes I use FM, but I will never use XM again. They also replay the songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER. No variety. And now...sports radio sucks. So. No thank you.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I dropped Sirius when I started streaming Iheartradio on Android Auto. To me, sound quality is better, its free, and almost as many channels to choose from. Only downfall is you use data to stream, and if you don't have cell service, you're SOL. 90% of the time for me, not a problem. Give it a try before you re-up your subscription.

Sponsored

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I get really tired of all the talkIng by the Sirius hosts, and for the most part they don’t hide their political leanings. All the sports have become political, and politically correct, and now the music is going that way too. Not even $5 of my hard earned money is going to support the woke crowd. When they awaken to reality and become non political again I’ll be happy to come back and be entertained by them.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I get really tired of all the talkIng by the Sirius hosts, and for the most part they don’t hide their political leanings. All the sports have become political, and politically correct, and now the music is going that way too. Not even $5 of my hard earned money is going to support the woke crowd. When they awaken to reality and become non political again I’ll be happy to come back and be entertained by them.
Boy do I miss me some St.Augustine...

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Keep it, I wouldnt know how to get around without it. I havent listened to broadcast radio in years.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Kept ours. Out here in the desert and mountains, you run out of radio signals real quick.

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
I used it a lot my first year and even signed up for a 6 month renewal. The amount of talking started to bug me so I looked into streaming services. I fount that Tidal had a military discount, $6 a month for standard sound quality. They have a pretty large catalog. My only complaint is that you are not able to filter out explicit songs.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I’ve never really been a fan of Sirius but to each their own. I’m much happier paying for Spotify.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i previoulsy only had 30 day trials with used cars so i never listened.

now with the one year trial, i haven't listened to my local FM stations AT ALL in the four months since i bought the JL in march. i like it that much. i'll definitely renew next year.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
I enjoyed it during the free trial, but when the renewal came up, I stopped. After getting tired of AM/FM and all the commercials, I got the Spotify plan for the family and everyone can use it in their cars plus at home.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Eric,

As always it comes down to how do you use your Jeep?

Most people who claim to not use satellite because they can easily replace it with some bluetooth app, will be solely lacking when they drive anywhere outside the range of a cellular tower. Terrestrial radio (including cell coverage) is many times very spotty if not completely impossible when off-roading anywhere away from even rural civilization.

While phone companies have pretty decent geographical coverage in urban corridors, taking your rig anywhere really off-the-beaten-path means no external music. You will have to pack it in with whatever USB storage device you have saved your content to. Not hard, but likely way less variety unless you've spent the time to save several gigabytes worth of your own mixed-tape type of data.

Only you will know how (and where) you'll be spending your time.

Living here in Colorado, mountains tend to block nearly everything terrestrial. Satellite is the only option to remain connected to content that I have not explicitly saved off on my own.

City dwellers, can easily drop it. Rural or off-roaders must decide whether to program their own content. You are essentially (as always) paying for their provided convenience.

Hope this helps.
Jay

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I renewed mine. All Access, 1 year, $115. I use it outside the Jeep as well, which meant I could xcl Pandora. I tried the Android Auto thing but, as mentioned before, it can get very spotty. All in all I have streaming music/news/etc. everywhere so it works for me. It also works well through the phone (ear buds) and Sonos (indoor/outdoor.)
Sponsored