First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
Sound quality is horrendous. As mentioned the compression is worse than a MP3. When I really want to listen to good music, I hook up my 128gb iPod. All uncompressed, ripped from CD's or downloaded in HiRez.
Maybe your sound system is not that great. SiriusXM actually sounds pretty good on my aftermarket setup. And my entire music library on my Hard Drives are uncompressed format. I'm not saying they are equal but its not bad.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Does anyone know a sweet deal for renewing your xm radio subscription? Like a code or way to get it discounted?

I talk to their cancellation team at 866-635-2349 and tell them I'd like to keep the service, however I can't pay more than what I've been paying, $99 plus taxes/fees which brings total to around $116 a year. I've been doing that on both our vehicles for about the last ten years. I lucked out when I renewed the JL in July, they had a special going on that bundled in streaming for the same price.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
$5 a month is about as low as they go. I just call when the subscriptions expire and tell them I'll keep going for $5 a month and they always do it.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I got the same deal, they just kept sending me notices in the mail and through email, finally 2 weeks before my subscription lapsed i got the $4.99 a month offer and bought it online, never talked to anyone.
Same deal they have given me the last three years. I call and tell them the day before the subscription expires I want to cancel. They keep making me different offers that I keep saying no to until they eventually get down to the $60 for 1 year + fees ($72 total) paid upfront.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
No way can I let mine lapse. Much of the places I end up have zero FM signal or Cell signal.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I have one vehicle (2010) that I never subscribed to after the initial free subscription expired. Recently they offered 3 years for $99. That's the best I've seen and since they offered it they must have it as an option. My JLUR hasn't expired yet, but I was planning to call them and see if I can get both radios for 3 years for $200.

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
No way can I let mine lapse. Much of the places I end up have zero FM signal or Cell signal.
Get audible instead? They play the same songs over and over. I have a 20min commute and it feels like it's stuck on loop.

Donack31

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Does anyone know a sweet deal for renewing your xm radio subscription? Like a code or way to get it discounted?
I pay $8 per month taxes included. Just tell them that's what one of your friends pay. I'm sure they'll match it. They'd rather get something than nothing .Can't imagine it costs them too much to turn your signal on.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL
For those stating they are able to get $5 a month - is that for one year, or just a limited 3/6 month offer? Likewise, is that their All Access package with every channel? I've seen offers for $5 a month but it was a short term promotion, not for a full year.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I received an offer via email and mail for a reduced rate after the one year expiration. I canā€™t remember how long it was good for, but I signed up for it because I enjoy several shows on the platform.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
For those stating they are able to get $5 a month - is that for one year, or just a limited 3/6 month offer? Likewise, is that their All Access package with every channel? I've seen offers for $5 a month but it was a short term promotion, not for a full year.
The $60 for 12 month ($5.00 per month) deal they have been giving me is for the select plan not the all access. You have to pay the $60 ($72 with tax and fees) at the time they make the offer.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
No call them and you want to cancel. Tell them that you have free Apple Music or Pandora etc. youā€™ll be surprised at what they offer you
SiriusXM owns Pandora now. Best deals seem to the closer it is to lapsing or let it lapse. Sign on to your account to see offers, sometimes they have good deals to extend.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
$5 a month is about as low as they go. I just call when the subscriptions expire and tell them I'll keep going for $5 a month and they always do it.
Donā€™t wait.....call and cancel. When they ask why, tell them itā€™s to expensive. Theyā€™ll then change to the $5 service. $8 with streaming.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL
Consistently every year, I call, tell them I am going to cancel, they put me through to the customer retention team and I get All Access for around $125 with taxes and fees for a year.
Sponsored