Sponsored

Xm radio cuts in and out. 2018 jl. Any thoughts?

dawingazv

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon wrangler unlimited
Xm radio cuts in and out. 2018 JL.
ANY THOUGHTS?
Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
My radio went through a period of doing something similar to this, but on XM, Bluetooth, FM. It would cut in and out in a rhythmic pattern. Sometimes when in reverse the screen would go blue instead of the camera. Sometimes the touch screen would lock up. The dealer re-flashed the computer, and all issues have gone away, for now.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Reception most likely

Ram here, but Mopar's mopar. Driving through the woods, under a tunnel, somewhere with a bad signal, it'll happen.

Dave, is it happening anywhere particular or just sporadically, like through town during the daily route

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Xm radio cuts in and out. 2018 JL.
ANY THOUGHTS?
Mine cuts out randomly. Its not always signal related. This has been an issue with many jeeps going as far back as Oct 2018. There does not seem to be a fix yet. I gotta think that one of these days a TSB will be issued for this.

Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
XM is a digital signal. You either get it or you don't. There is no middle ground. Also the XM on 8.4 records the music from your presets so if you switch from station to station you get the beginning of the song. If you go under a tunnel or bridge the signal may not cut out until a minute or 2 later when it is clear of obstructions.

OP
OP

dawingazv

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon wrangler unlimited
Reception most likely

Ram here, but Mopar's mopar. Driving through the woods, under a tunnel, somewhere with a bad signal, it'll happen.

Dave, is it happening anywhere particular or just sporadically, like through town during the daily route
In town and out of town unobstructed. Certain streets where my other vehicles has no issues.

Windmutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
After replacing the satellite antennae, radio, and harness all under warranty, the issue continued to cut out. I then looked up where the antennae is located and saw that it was directly under my Mopar roof rack. I moved the rack back 2 inches and now the issue has disappeared. Interesting that the Jeep mechanics could not figure this out.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
where is the sat antenna located? the cutting in and out is driving me nuts. must be my roof rack as well.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
After I put sound dampeners and the Coverking Topliner on my hardtop, the satellite radio started being very very sporadic also. I suspect you have a weak signal for some reason.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I just came from a Ford -> Mercedes -> VW. Sirius XM, never cut out unless in a tunnel or something but I did get an unusual cutout today.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
I just came from a Ford -> Mercedes -> VW. Sirius XM, never cut out unless in a tunnel or something but I did get an unusual cutout today.
My new JL is similar. My only OEM XM experience has been with a Subaru Outback and a VW Touareg for several years. The XM only cut out if driving through a tunnel or similar blocked reception region. The JL will occasionally cut out for a second or so, in areas around town where I've never seen an issue before. It's a quirk of some sort, but not bothersome enough to do anything about.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Our XM was so bad I couldn't stand listening to it but when we put the soft top the reception got MUCH better. I'll likely do the 'relocate SAT antenna' mod one of these days.
Sponsored