Sponsored

XL Mud Flaps by Rokblokz Review with Pics (Wide Tire Options)

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
They are not installed correctly.
Hence the name Mud Flaps. Here in the NW we deal with a lot of wet muddy and rocky conditions, those plastic thumb Screws are very suceptable to breakage thus they should not be located inside the tire well IMO. I have had these on for more than a year now. with nearly 1500 miles of Gravel/dirt roads and trails driven. I made the choice to locate the plastic part of the screw outside the well and it has served me well. I also made the decision based on reports of the plastic part braking from rocks thrown by the tires. So judging right or wrong is subjective. I have removed the Flaps 4 times and the way I have it set up it does not inpeed that process at all and I have no concerns of the thumb screw being damaged or broken with my setup . The flaps are securely attached. I should note the one screw far inside that shows the plastic head has been replaced as it did break from a rock strike it is not a metal head thumb screw. I am not the 1st one to report the failure of those stock plastic screws/bolts...

You do it your way I will continue to do it mine, right or wrong is subjective.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hence the name Mud Flaps. Here in the NW we deal with a lot of wet muddy and rocky conditions, those plastic thumb Screws are very suceptable to breakage thus they should not be located inside the tire well IMO. I have had these on for more than a year now. with nearly 1500 miles of Gravel/dirt roads and trails driven. I made the choice to locate the plastic part of the screw outside the well and it has served me well. I also made the decision based on reports of the plastic part braking from rocks thrown by the tires. So judging right or wrong is subjective. I have removed the Flaps 4 times and the way I have it set up it does not inpeed that process at all and I have no concerns of the thumb screw being damaged or broken with my setup . The flaps are securely attached. I should note the one screw far inside that shows the plastic head has been replaced as it did break from a rock strike it is not a metal head thumb screw. I am not the 1st one to report the failure of those stock plastic screws/bolts...

You do it your way I will continue to do it mine, right or wrong is subjective.
Sorry, having threads sticking out into my fender wells would not be an acceptable solution. But each his own as you point out so whatever floats your boat.....