XG Cargo Gamma and Sky One Touch Roof?

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Anyone install the XG Cargo Gamma storage bags on the sky one touch roof? I have seen some reviews where people say they have done it. The XG Cargo instructions don’t recommend it for SOT, but sounds like folks are able to install it anyway. Not sure if the challenge or issue with install so looking to see if anyone has done it here?
I think the fit is probably pretty tight and the bags are likely not that removable but I would be fine with that trade off for the storage. Maybe an adapter bracket or offset could be made for SOT installs…just wondering?
Thanks.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Interesting. I have the XG Cargo Gamma storage bags and really like them.

I do not have the sky one touch top. But I have not idea why they would not work.
They DO NOT come in contact with the top at all. And we leave the storage bags in place and run with the top off.

So it will be interesting to see what some folks can say that have both.

1. XG Cargo Gamma storage bags
and
2. Sky one touch top.

Good luck!!!!!

OP
OP

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I saw a picture of someone who had it installed in an older post with sky one touch. Looked like it fit. I have 4xe so no storage under the rear seat. XG cargo would be great

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I saw a picture of someone who had it installed in an older post with sky one touch. Looked like it fit. I have 4xe so no storage under the rear seat. XG cargo would be great
Wow. Waiting on our 4xE Rubi with SOT, but have the bags also here. This is the first Im hearing Of an issue with them and SOT.

OP
OP

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People can install them. Here is a picture of someone from this forum in an earlier post. I think maybe thr issue is access to the rear window latches for removal might be more Occluded. So not really sure it is a fitment issue or just blocking of latches. The brackets that hold the bags are metal so I am sure they can be bent or flexed a little if needed for fitment.

2C6FC9D8-8386-435A-AA48-9EC5203161F5.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed these today and can’t see why there was any concern with Sky touch one roof?
Went in just fine and works great. I just took off the rear side windows which still are easy to remove and install. Not sure why the company recommends not to use with sky one touch?

fitment is nice. Can’t see them in rear view mirror. 4xe needs extra storage due to battery under rear seats, so these bags help. Not overly large but way better than nothjng

Last edited:

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
People can install them. Here is a picture of someone from this forum in an earlier post. I think maybe thr issue is access to the rear window latches for removal might be more Occluded. So not really sure it is a fitment issue or just blocking of latches. The brackets that hold the bags are metal so I am sure they can be bent or flexed a little if needed for fitment.

Jeep Wrangler JL XG Cargo Gamma and Sky One Touch Roof? 2C6FC9D8-8386-435A-AA48-9EC5203161F5
This is pics from mine. There is no issues with SOT . Just need to rech around to unlatch side window for the back latch and still easy to get to.i keep all my recovery gear in these.

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I also now have the MORE fire extinguisher mount that works with these bags.
Sponsored