Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hi Matt, just went through this thread...

1. Beautiful pictures
2. Incredible adventure in one trip
3. Can't wait to go back and explore Utah again with my JLR!
4. Two of my most favorite hikes, Angel's Landing and the Narrows

A dream trip... going back to Moab in my JLR is on my bucket list.

Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi Matt, just went through this thread...

1. Beautiful pictures
2. Incredible adventure in one trip
3. Can't wait to go back and explore Utah again with my JLR!
4. Two of my most favorite hikes, Angel's Landing and the Narrows

A dream trip... going back to Moab in my JLR is on my bucket list.

Thanks for sharing!
Definitely worth it. It’s tough to coordinate, especially with work, but it was 100% worth everything it took.

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
4.5 BS so more than oem. 37x12.5.. But yeah. Less backspace would fix.. This issue and create other ones..

Sway bar is untouched. This was extreme.. 7 rated trail only 2 wheels on the ground, if you can call being jammed sideways in a v notch the ground. Had to do like an 8 point turn to climb out. Tire was at full stuff sideways into the wall I was trying to climb.. So yeah.. Might have been a one off.. We will see. Tire has been lightly rubbing the inner guard as well. But I might also try some links like 10.5 or 11" as well. If it happens again.

More $$$ :)
I went back and found a shot on the CTI trailer. This was pre-outboards, so just shy of 30” extended. We should be pretty close currently, so about 1.5”. Lower on droop, and I think we’d probably be ok with 10.5-11.

@Headbarcode , do you have a shot of your sway at droop? I think you are pretty close in extension to where we are now with your 6-packs.

0A3DBAC8-0C03-4A76-BB8A-9E91FB73EED8.png

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Definitely worth it. It’s tough to coordinate, especially with work, but it was 100% worth everything it took.
That was on my mind. I work from my home office and travel (fly) a fair amount for business. I have an RV that I can work out of and can tow my JLR. I just need to do more of that!

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That was on my mind. I work from my home office and travel (fly) a fair amount for business. I have an RV that I can work out of and can tow my JLR. I just need to do more of that!
I actually should have made a trip back (and was originally planning on one). PHX wasn’t bad from Sedona, but Moab flights were extremely limited.

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
.. Same links and tires and droop.. Yeah like 3 or 3.5 bump. Stock XR recon.

I like your thinking on link length..

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and found a shot on the CTI trailer. This was pre-outboards, so just shy of 30” extended. We should be pretty close currently, so about 1.5”. Lower on droop, and I think we’d probably be ok with 10.5-11.

@Headbarcode , do you have a shot of your sway at droop? I think you are pretty close in extension to where we are now with your 6-packs.

Jeep Wrangler JL WY/Moab/SW UT/Sedona ‘22 - and Off Road Camper Build ‘23, and EJS 23 0A3DBAC8-0C03-4A76-BB8A-9E91FB73EED8
The best pic I have was taken while figuring out how much pinch seam needed to be trimmed. I wasn't at full droop and this isn't a great angle. Also, I'm currently 5.5" above stock height in the front and 6" in the rear.
Jeep Wrangler JL WY/Moab/SW UT/Sedona ‘22 - and Off Road Camper Build ‘23, and EJS 23 20220818_154405

Here's a couple of pics taken back when I had the 3.5" Metalcloak springs and the factory sway edisconnect with Rock Krawler No Limits links...
Jeep Wrangler JL WY/Moab/SW UT/Sedona ‘22 - and Off Road Camper Build ‘23, and EJS 23 20210117_142021
Jeep Wrangler JL WY/Moab/SW UT/Sedona ‘22 - and Off Road Camper Build ‘23, and EJS 23 20210204_134758

These links are the shorter of the 2 pairs of links from RK. Fully extended, they weren't long enough. I really needed another inch or so. That's one of the reasons why I ended up going with Antirocks.

I really like my Metalcloak parts, but I never bothered with their front links because I was still relying on the Rubicons edisconnect. It simply wasn't designed to keep up with the level of articulation that Metalcloak provides, so it's no surprise to see their bushing ends getting pulled from the bars during full droop. A rubber bushing just doesn't allow that much misalignment. That's what prompted me to go directly to the No Limits links, which utilize upper and lower heim joints. They were specifically designed to retain use of the edisconnect system after adding a very flexible lift.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I also forgot to mention one thing about MC straight from their mouth...
I was getting ready to buy discos and couldn't decide so I called a few places, MC being one of them. And I pushed him on a question, I forget what it was, and his response was... "Well you know we aren't really known for our discos." Yet I still bought them... LOL!

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Ordered some 10.75" links to see how they go..

Sponsored

OP
OP
GATORB8

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
So, I will say the trip didn’t expose too much we’re lacking on the Jeep, except grippier tires… and antelope night vision. @mgroeger would probably add more driver mod, but I’m going to ignore that.

A definite realization for next year, is a trailer. With what we spent in lodging, it’ll pay for a 10th of a manufactured off road trailer, or probably half a home made one.

I’ve been obsessing on learning about off road square drop construction. (If you guys haven’t realized, I obsess over things that involve learning).

My first welder was delivered today. Next big thread will be a square drop on 37s from scratch.

I’m assuming Mike will let me camp in his front yard in the cost benefit analysis.

I’m ignoring that we’ll have to haul @chevymitchell with us since I’ll finish the trailer before Pain Train gets a cage.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So, I will say the trip didn’t expose too much we’re lacking on the Jeep, except grippier tires… and antelope night vision. @mgroeger would probably add more driver mod, but I’m going to ignore that.

A definite realization for next year, is a trailer. With what we spent in lodging, it’ll pay for a 10th of a manufactured off road trailer, or probably half a home made one.

I’ve been obsessing on learning about off road square drop construction. (If you guys haven’t realized, I obsess over things that involve learning).

My first welder was delivered today. Next big thread will be a square drop on 37s from scratch.m

I’m assuming Mike will let me camp in his front yard in the cost benefit analysis.

I’m ignoring that we’ll have to haul @chevymitchell with us since I’ll finish the trailer before Pain Train gets a cage.
Nice plan(s)! btw @chevymitchell what is the latest on Pain Train? What a killer project! (sorry for the derail Matt, but sounds like you're on it)

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Nice plan(s)! btw @chevymitchell what is the latest on Pain Train? What a killer project! (sorry for the derail Matt, but sounds like you're on it)
Pain Train has been waiting on parts for many moons. Cage might actually ship next week. Down to 2 plates that tie the A-Frame to the cage. My front bumper is coming with the cage on the same pallet, so I'm excited for that, as well. Other than that, the next step is the body shop on Dec 1st. After the body shop and the cage, then things can start coming together. I need to save some more money to keep things moving, as well, so between waiting on parts and cash; I'll get there eventually.

I pulled its sad self out of the garage to clean and organize a bit.

AC4C2700-470E-4FDC-A643-08295DA6B68A.jpeg

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

My first welder was delivered today. Next big thread will be a square drop on 37s from scratch.

I've brought a hammock with me on every trip. You can save a lot of money by disappearing into the woods for the evening in a hammock. Truck stops for showers.

Building a trailer will be fun, too. I put one together a few years ago for Fat Ninja. I used the AE46, but it's not suitable for a RTT or anything; Just a gear hauler really.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

My rates are super cheap ;)
Sponsored