First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
The absolute state of this forum. Instead of talking about driveline angles, Suspension geometry and how to swap an axle shaft, we have this.
I'd much rather be discussing those items as well as electronics, lights, etc. but it's the time and situation we currently live in. I'd rather not be discussing this but figured I'd post a simple solution in case anyone was interested.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Well, you're post/thread were helpful to me anyway. I hadn't thought of doing that, but I just picked up a set of hooks yesterday. Simple mod to help reduce clutter in my Jeep.
Who cares if it's for masks, trash, wire management, etc. It's a random post/thread that made the interior of my Jeep a little more organized. Worth reading, and I'm glad you posted it. :like:

blwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX, 2021 JLUR (on order)
Never, until now, am I one to correct a post's typo or grammar unless such mistakes interfere with understanding of the underlying message.

"I don't wear masks. I am too cool for to give a that sh!t about others."

(Masks have been shown to protect others more than you, which is why we all need to wear them for the time being.)

Are you also too cool to give, get, or die from COVID too?
As a disabled vet with Immune system problems due to all the chemical burning across 4 years of deployments, nobody gave 2 rips pre-covid about spreading any communicable disease. Haven't had a vacation in 15 years as it's all been blown on sick days getting over whatever someone gave me while being gross and coming to work sick, attending meetings, coughing on you, etc.

Literally, people would be written up for calling in sick unless they were hospitalized - not just private sector but government too.

Why all the sudden concern? We've only had 1.8 Million deaths with a world population of 7.7 Billion. Death rate --> 0.00023376623. Sucks that people die, but people die in greater numbers of Cardiovascular Diseases, 17.9 Million per year and is generally preventable. While worldwide there have been 82.5 million covid-19 cases reported, there are 685 million cases of norovirus in a year.

I also see about 1 person a week wearing a decent N95 mask. If you're not wearing a N95 mask, you're virtue signaling concern for others.

All I'm saying is nobody gave a sh!t about others pre-covid, why all the concern now?

P.S. Thank you all for staying home, I'm able to go out to eat anytime I want and not get sick. Tables are spread out, sick people stay home. (both employees and patrons).

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I also see about 1 person a week wearing a decent N95 mask. If you're not wearing a N95 mask, you're virtue signaling concern for others.
Proper N95 masks were MIA for a long while after the Wu Hu got its sea legs. They're recently available again, true enough, for a price, and only online so far as I've seen. What's available in person are just the disposable masks, significantly more convenient and less costly. And brought to us by the same crew that gave us the flu.

As for masks being a so-called virtue signal: if only! Who hasn't been living under a mandatory mask order for months now? I can be legally denied entry at any business, absent a mask or a literal doctor's excuse. They're being worn because they have to be worn if we want to continue with some semblance of normal life.

...And that's if the business is even allowed to be open. Our bald communist governor essentially shut down all restaurants and bars, statewide, for a second time in December. Those who can subsist on carry-out service are doing so. I'm already calculating the odds regarding which of them won't be around any longer after this national black veil finally lifts.

Sponsored

blwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proper N95 masks were MIA for a long while after the Wu Hu got its sea legs. They're recently available again, true enough, for a price, and only online so far as I've seen. What's available in person are just the disposable masks, significantly more convenient and less costly. And brought to us by the same crew that gave us the flu.

As for masks being a so-called virtue signal: if only! Who hasn't been living under a mandatory mask order for months now? I can be legally denied entry at any business, absent a mask or a literal doctor's excuse. They're being worn because they have to be worn if we want to continue with some semblance of normal life.

...And that's if the business is even allowed to be open. Our bald communist governor essentially shut down all restaurants and bars, statewide, for a second time in December. Those who can subsist on carry-out service are doing so. I'm already calculating the odds regarding which of them won't be around any longer after this national black veil finally lifts.
These are just my opinions.

If you're wearing a mask that does nothing to prevent the spread of disease and clearly states on the box "does not prevent the spread of coronavirus", it's compliance, virtue signaling or both. Wearing a useless mask with no medical certification/prevention ability is compliance. My favorite people are those rolling around in their cars alone with their mask on.

We have safety standards demanded by the government on almost every product we touch, but why not masks?

If you truly cared about others, price doesn't matter.

Oh and in Wuhan China right now, there are no public mask requirements. (and they're a communist country!)

You can be denied entry to any business for any reason, not just a mask. Also, at least around here, you roll in with your mask on, walk 10 feet to your table and whip it off to eat. Clearly the 'rona takes a break because you're hungry. :)

I'd hate to see this country get a real pandemic with a significant death rate amongst the healthy population.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are reusable cloth, I hang them from the gear shifter.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Haven't had a vacation in 15 years as it's all been blown on sick days getting over whatever someone gave me while being gross and coming to work sick, attending meetings, coughing on you, etc.
Dude tell me about it lol. Back in February one of my coworkers got a nasty flu and came to work one day looking like he was about to die. He told me he just had a big fever "but it broke so it's ok now" and I was like OH HELL NO GTFO lol. We have great benefits where I work. You can work from home! The best thing that came out of all of this hoopla was they are way stricter about working from home if you're sick now. ABOUT DANG TIME! Do you know how much time it wastes when half the team gets sick because some dude just couldn't stay home for a few days? It's really frustrating!

Still, I know some of those guys lol. I'm staying the fuck home for now lol.

Anyway, that is a kickass mounting location for 3m hooks, OP! Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

blwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude tell me about it lol. Back in February one of my coworkers got a nasty flu and came to work one day looking like he was about to die. He told me he just had a big fever "but it broke so it's ok now" and I was like OH HELL NO GTFO lol. We have great benefits where I work. You can work from home! The best thing that came out of all of this hoopla was they are way stricter about working from home if you're sick now. ABOUT DANG TIME! Do you know how much time it wastes when half the team gets sick because some dude just couldn't stay home for a few days? It's really frustrating!

Still, I know some of those guys lol. I'm staying the fuck home for now lol.

Anyway, that is a kickass mounting location for 3m hooks, OP! Thanks for sharing!
My favorite is / was the shunning you'd get when you refused to occupy the same space as someone who was disgustingly sick at present or looked like death had just passed them over yesterday. I also wash my hands before I eat and before going back to my desk.

I also won't miss pot-lucks.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
As a disabled vet with Immune system problems due to all the chemical burning across 4 years of deployments, nobody gave 2 rips pre-covid about spreading any communicable disease. Haven't had a vacation in 15 years as it's all been blown on sick days getting over whatever someone gave me while being gross and coming to work sick, attending meetings, coughing on you, etc.

Literally, people would be written up for calling in sick unless they were hospitalized - not just private sector but government too.

Why all the sudden concern? We've only had 1.8 Million deaths with a world population of 7.7 Billion. Death rate --> 0.00023376623. Sucks that people die, but people die in greater numbers of Cardiovascular Diseases, 17.9 Million per year and is generally preventable. While worldwide there have been 82.5 million covid-19 cases reported, there are 685 million cases of norovirus in a year.

All I'm saying is nobody gave a sh!t about others pre-covid, why all the concern now?

P.S. Thank you all for staying home, I'm able to go out to eat anytime I want and not get sick. Tables are spread out, sick people stay home. (both employees and patrons).
I am sorry for your circumstances but the fact remains that nobody cared as much pre COVID because our world has not seen as easily transmittable and as deadly a virus since 1918.

blwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sorry for your circumstances but the fact remains that nobody cared as much pre COVID because our world has not seen as easily transmittable and as deadly a virus since 1918.
Did you know 1918 Flu was H1N1, same as 2009? In 2009 they suspect up to 1.4 billion people contracted it - but again no widespread testing.

1968 H3N2 - .03% which is still higher worldwide death rate than covid-19, but not by much and they didn't have widespread testing.

The infection rate of something like a norovirus is MUCH higher than any of these. I'm just glad Ebola was not easily transmittable. That sucker was taking out most healthy people who got it, not just the elderly.

The bottom line is, these things could easily kill me or the elderly, but nobody cared because they weren't politicized and they weren't told to care.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
You should open carry and wear a face pantie at the same time and see the reactions you get. Then remove one and vise versa and see those reactions. Most people leave me alone once I point to my "protection against the real virus".

But more on the thread topic, the latching mechanism of the center console on either side makes for a nice hanger and does not affect functionality.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The bottom line is, these things could easily kill me or the elderly, but nobody cared because they weren't politicized and they weren't told to care.
If you get influenza, you'll probably notice the symptoms within 3 days. With covid it can take up to 2 weeks. Someone could catch covid and then go to disneyworld and infect a whole ton of people without realizing it.

MERS and SARS can't be spread prior to exhibiting symptoms.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...for-covid-19-but-not-ebola-sars-or-swine-flu/

My favorite is / was the shunning you'd get when you refused to occupy the same space as someone who was disgustingly sick at present or looked like death had just passed them over yesterday. I also wash my hands before I eat and before going back to my desk.

I also won't miss pot-lucks.
Every time I'm stuck at the sink fishing out an eyelash or something in a busy bathroom, I end up getting grossed out by the number of people who walk straight from a stall out the door without washing their hands. Every time, it's way too many people. I think that alone has made me shy away from ever going to a buffet again.
Sponsored