First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I guess it's an interior mod, hopefully just a temporary one. This whole WuHu Flu thing has definitely altered reality. My wife wanted me to put a couple hooks inside the JL to hang our masks on as they were ending up on the floor, in the back seat, over the sun visor, etc. I didn't want to hang them on the rear view mirror because some police are giving out tickets for obstructed vision if you have an accident...or even just driving down the road. I didn't want to drill any holes for a permanent solution because I'm hoping this will all go away before too long. For a temporary solution I got a 2 pack of the 3M non marring, removable hooks that I was going to put on the dash. Except the faux leather look on the dash won't let the adhesive stick. I did find a spot that not only works well, but keeps the masks out of the way and reminds you to grab it when you get out of the Jeep. On the metal part of the inside of the doors next to the dashboard. There's enough space that it doesn't restrict the door from closing. It's out of the way and when you open the door to get out you're looking at the mask so you don't get halfway or all the way to the store/doctor's office, restaurant or whatever and say *&(&^#% I forgot the (*^#%$ mask! When the WuHu Flu thing is a memory I'll be able to remove the hooks with no holes or other damage left behind. For those of you who think the whole thing is a conspiracy theory please keep scrolling....I'm in a high risk group so I'll wear the stupid mask, politics aside.
Jeep Wrangler JL WuHu Flu mask hanger IMG_8151.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL WuHu Flu mask hanger IMG_8155.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL WuHu Flu mask hanger IMG_8153.JPG
Sponsored

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I use disposable ones and put them in a bag hanging from the passenger grab handle.

Here's the bag if interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J73NC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have cancer (multiple myeloma) so I was wearing masks before they became fashionable, so to speak.
I went through this a few years ago...chemo and a stem cell transplant. I've learned a lot since then. Luckily, I turned down 'maintenance chemo' and my labs are perfect now.
OP, I just put a couple masks in the glovebox.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I hang mine on the small grocery hooks on the back of the front seats. Mine is a Rubicon with leather and there is one on each side even with the top of the net pocket. They are on the back of both front seats. My Grand Cherokee also has them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I hang mine on the small grocery hooks on the back of the front seats.
There's grocery hooks on the back of the front seat??? I didn't know that, need to go look!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... I turned down 'maintenance chemo' and my labs are perfect now....
My labs looked good too, but even when the mass was found and tested positive as cancer, my blood still came back "good". Don't bank solely on the lab results. Maybe the maintenance rounds aren't such a bad idea. At the very least stick with the monitoring scans and regular check-ups with the oncologist. FWIW, 1.5 years cancer free. :turkey:

More on topic with the thread though.
I wear a mask all the time just to be safe. I know a lot of people who think they're pointless, and who think it's a giant social experiment, or political ploy. Whatever. Wear it if you want to, don't if you don't. I think if you're concerned about your health/safety you should do what you need to to protect yourself, not expect everyone else to do it for you. Which is why I started wearing one when all this started, even before all the mandates. My immune system shouldn't be compromised, but why risk it. I wear my muzzle mask when I'm around people.

Great tip on the hooks OP. I have the same kind of hook on my fuel door to hand the gas cap. I've been setting the mask by my e-brake, but I might do this instead. I hate having stuff laying around, and this looks a bit "cleaner". Thanks.

There's grocery hooks on the back of the front seat??? I didn't know that, need to go look!
They're on the Rubi seat with molle webbing. You won't have them in the sport or sahara.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I dont wear masks. I am too cool for that sh!t.
Never, until now, am I one to correct a post's typo or grammar unless such mistakes interfere with understanding of the underlying message.

"I don't wear masks. I am too cool for to give a that sh!t about others."

(Masks have been shown to protect others more than you, which is why we all need to wear them for the time being.)

Are you also too cool to give, get, or die from COVID too?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Captain Skip Skip: the funny thing is that some time this week, at a product development meeting held over Zoom for the model year + 2 version of some vehicle, a participant who's read your OP has suggested the inclusion of such passenger hooks as a new feature!