• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Texas WTT - textured black Hardtop for gloss black painted

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with painted gloss black prefer textured black within driving distance of DFW Texas?

If interested lets discuss amount.

Let me know

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Just an option for you. As I was looking for the same.
I used Adams Polish ceramic on the textured top, Wow..... I had to buff out the flat black top to clean and prep. The Ceramic went on / off easy. The look is a semi gloss and has stayed clean, same semi gloss look for a year now. I'm not looking for a painted top anymore.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paint-coating-9h

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just an option for you. As I was looking for the same.
I used Adams Polish ceramic on the textured top, Wow..... I had to buff out the flat black top to clean and prep. The Ceramic went on / off easy. The look is a semi gloss and has stayed clean, same semi gloss look for a year now. I'm not looking for a painted top anymore.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paint-coating-9h
Thanks for the suggestion. May have to look into that. Do have any pics?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not the best for this, but will give an idea on what to expect. These were out on Fire Break 5 trail Oregon. 7 miles off dust. You can see the hood sticker compared the the roof. Also the back bumper to the top. It's crazy stuff how that ceramic works and repels dirt.

DSC_0099.JPG

FireBreak5.jpg

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
not the best for this, but will give an idea on what to expect. These were out on Fire Break 5 trail Oregon. 7 miles off dust. You can see the hood sticker compared the the roof. Also the back bumper to the top. It's crazy stuff how that ceramic works and repels dirt.

I can tell the difference. Great looking rig. Not sure I would change top on yours anyway with the black accents - nice combo colors...

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to get a black smooth painted. The textured always looked dirty / oxidized, not now. Just putting out what I did, and really happy with it.

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to get a black smooth painted. The textured always looked dirty / oxidized, not now. Just putting out what I did, and really happy with it.
I really appreciate the idea/suggestion. I may try this route to see how it looks on my gloss black

thanks

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL 2 door

DSC_0099.JPG

FireBreak5.jpg

What did you use to buff out the top to clean and prep it?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used older Adams swirl remover. Orange stuff. They had like 3-4 set process. Color pads to color bottle, kind of thing. It is real easy to use. That's what I like about his stuff,easy. The Jeep was my first time with the ceramic. Looks like my old stuff is now a 1 or 2 set process. White and blue. one step or compound and polish.
But, it's the ceramic that has me really happy, on the dull textured hard top. It's been through a snow winter with salts, still looks as when I put it on.

Last edited:

Sponsored