• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Pennsylvania WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray)

Dirtsurfer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe Sahara, Sting Gray
I like the look of the rubicon and sport grills (solid sting gray without and colored trim or inlays) more than my chrome/silver accented Sahara grill, so looking to trade someone. Color is sting gray. About 6k miles on mine, no damage. Located in PA. Would also be interested in trading front bumpers (since my bumper has the matching silver accents).

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) C4C3F69F-7EFF-4AE8-B0AD-2D0B525A7551
Sponsored

Last edited:

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Doubt you will find a trading partner with rubicon parts. Might be easier to paint the trim pieces yourself. The trim can be disassemble and painted. You can even buy the black trim from your dealership for about 150 bucks.

I painted mine with a few cans of paint and patience. Good luck!

20210407_093534.jpg

OP
OP

Dirtsurfer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doubt you will find a trading partner with rubicon parts. Might be easier to paint the trim pieces yourself. The trim can be disassemble and painted. You can even buy the black trim from your dealership for about 150 bucks.

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 20210407_093534
Thanks! Yea I figured it was a long shot but just maybe someone out there with a rubi liked the silver/chrome look lol

that black trim on white looks so good but I don’t think I’d like it on the sting gray.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
I also painted both my grill and fog light bezels. If you want the color to match the Rubicon, use Granite Crystal Metallic (LAU). Dupli-Color makes a spray that matches exactly, DPL BCC0443. I found it at O'Reilly's.

D5grvty01

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX, 2007 Acura TSX, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Air Force
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/g...LxP8TfZWMAmtZlWy1-j2b0pZtSrLHLIsaAmpvEALw_wcB

ended up buying this for my Sahara as I didn’t like the silver/chrome inserts either.

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 20210407_093534

Sponsored

yachtclub

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Altitude Edition - EcoDiesel
Quick question for you guys - what happens if you just pull out the headlight and grille inserts?

I figured if you pop the silver/chrome out, would it not just be sting gray underneath? Maybe I'm missing something though

OP
OP

Dirtsurfer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question for you guys - what happens if you just pull out the headlight and grille inserts?

I figured if you pop the silver/chrome out, would it not just be sting gray underneath? Maybe I'm missing something though
hmmm….that is a good question

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Look at the link D5grvty01 posted.

One of the first things I did was to black out the silver on my Sahara. I replaced my grille insert and fog light surrounds. You can replace them but you can also paint them. I also plasti-dipped sprayed my emblems, replaced the antenna with a trail badge. I am so happy with the results.

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 2020-08-01 17.22.54

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 2020-08-01 17.22.31 (2)

Last edited:

yachtclub

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw the link, but not sure that answered my question.

The blacked out parts look great. Looks a lot like my JLU which came blacked out as part of the Altitude package. But I'm wondering if I can just pop my black inserts out and leave them out and if it will be sting-gray underneath.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer

The blacked out parts look great. Looks a lot like my JLU which came blacked out as part of the Altitude package. But I'm wondering if I can just pop my black inserts out and leave them out and if it will be sting-gray underneath.
No, you can't really do that, there is no "underneath." The grill is modular, and the pieces stack and attach to each other. Without the silver access, the mesh of the grill would have nothing to attach to.

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

See: Jeep Wrangler Sport and Sport S

yachtclub

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I saw this in another thread and it looks as if there is no headlight accent here:

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 1631835299816

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Interesting. I saw this in another thread and it looks as if there is no headlight accent here:

1631835299816.png
That's a Sport/Sport S grille. The headlight surround is part of the grille inserts that this model does not have. I think it looks better with the black inserts than the Sport grille.

OP
OP

Dirtsurfer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL WTT: My Sahara grill for your Rubicon or Sport grill (sting gray) 1631835299816
That’s definitely the look I want. Didn’t realize it was the same on the sport models as the rubicon

OP
OP

Dirtsurfer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at the link D5grvty01 posted.

One of the first things I did was to black out the silver on my Sahara. I replaced my grille insert and fog light surrounds. You can replace them but you can also paint them. I also plasti-dipped sprayed my emblems, replaced the antenna with a trail badge. I am so happy with the results.

I actually really like what you did. Do you have any more pictures of the grill and light trim from other angles?
Sponsored