WTF Where are my AUX wires?!?!

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Been at this stupid dash cam for a couple hours. Got it all wired up front and back... Pull off the passenger kick plate and I don't see any aux wires?!?! Am I missing them? 2021 2 Door JL Rubicon with Tow package and AUX

Resized_20210904_002408.jpeg
Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Been at this stupid dash cam for a couple hours. Got it all wired up front and back... Pull off the passenger kick plate and I don't see any aux wires?!?! Am I missing them? 2021 2 Door JL Rubicon with Tow package and AUX

Jeep Wrangler JL WTF Where are my AUX wires?!?! Resized_20210904_002408
Try looking closer to the transmission tunnel. I found my aux. switch harness on the driver side near the accelerator pedal.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try looking closer to the transmission tunnel. I found my aux. switch harness on the driver side near the accelerator pedal.
Bah they were electrical taped below the glove box. I found it in someone else's WTF post. I'm so glad Jeep just decides to put them wherever the hell they feel like it on each build LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright since I've already looked stupid... I might as well add to it...

I am looking for it to having parking mode, so a constant power connection.

Do I just hook up the one battery wire to the aux 4 dark blue/pink connection?
Or do I need to hook up both? I'm such a electrical noob.

Thanks I'm advance

Resized_20210904_004156.jpeg

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Red/white for constant power (aka, when off). This assumes you are smart enough you don’t put something on that will drain the battery.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red/white for constant power (aka, when off). This assumes you are smart enough you don’t put something on that will drain the battery.
My camera has a voltage shut off... I'm trying to hook it to aux 4 I was thinking I'd just need the battery cable from the camera hooked to the dark blue/pink wore for aux 4 and the ground correct?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Jimmy

my understanding is in addition to the 4 wires for the 4 aux switches you should have a “batt” and “acc” wires matching the wires that go to your camera.

i just picked up my JLUR last night and haven’t started the dash cam install, but that is how I plan to connect mine

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jimmy

my understanding is in addition to the 4 wires for the 4 aux switches you should have a “batt” and “acc” wires matching the wires that go to your camera.

i just picked up my JLUR last night and haven’t started the dash cam install, but that is how I plan to connect mine
Thanks. It's 2am I decided to call it a night it's all I have left to do. I greatly appreciate your reply and sincerity.

Some of the members here forget what it is like to be new or learn something. I could have sent this out to get done but I enjoyed every curse word that came out of my mouth.

My dad served and protected this great country and I now do the same. I unfortunately, I didn't learn alot of the things my dad knows because of this.

So many people here have been a resource to me and my new JL journey. I greatly appreciate you. To those with your wise ass comments to those who post "noob" "dumb" questions... Take a minute to remember that you were once taught these things. You never know the other person's situation. Don't be a tool... Help them pick the right tool.

#RantOver

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thanks. It's 2am I decided to call it a night it's all I have left to do. I greatly appreciate your reply and sincerity.

Some of the members here forget what it is like to be new or learn something. I could have sent this out to get done but I enjoyed every curse word that came out of my mouth.

My dad served and protected this great country and I now do the same. I unfortunately, I didn't learn alot of the things my dad knows because of this.

So many people here have been a resource to me and my new JL journey. I greatly appreciate you. To those with your wise ass comments to those who post "noob" "dumb" questions... Take a minute to remember that you were once taught these things. You never know the other person's situation. Don't be a tool... Help them pick the right tool.

#RantOver
I hear ya man! If you get a moment would love to see a picture of where you ran the wires from your camera to the passenger footwell.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya man! If you get a moment would love to see a picture of where you ran the wires from your camera to the passenger footwell.
Absolutely it was really the easiest part of the project LOL.

I have the safety features so I dropped the windshield... Well let me not lie I couldn't get the wipers off as evidently multiple people have the same issue you need a special tool for the first time... So doing it by myself I would hold the windshield.... Ran it through the upper trim took off the passenger oh shit bar and the speaker grill... And ran it straight down with a trim tool. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow but it's all buttoned up except for the footwell now.

Getting it to the back was the biggest problem. And I managed to already knock off the back camera because the sticky sucks on plastic so I have to come up with plan B for the back camera.

All in all if I can do it anyone can do it. For someone who is handy (clearly not me) it would have been a two hour project at most. I'm just learning all this stuff... My dad usually helps show me this stuff... But he has COVID-19 🙄 so I was on my own. However, definitely got a greater sense of satisfaction.

If anyone has suggestions on the back camera for a two door with a soft top let me know. I have the Blackvue 900x.

I'm gonna try to hit up the guy who fabricated his own mount for the front to see if he can do something for the back as well if I don't get any ideas. I'm not exactly looking to gorilla glue it to my 50k ride 🤣

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Bah they were electrical taped below the glove box. I found it in someone else's WTF post. I'm so glad Jeep just decides to put them wherever the hell they feel like it on each build LOL
Well…… you know about “Easter eggs”. I know that some folks hide the Easter baskets and their kids have to hunt for them. So it could be this theory.

kidding of course.

I work in the auto industry and it is shocking that they don’t follow the same practice of placing the wires at “x” for each build.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Jimmy

yes, you need to connect all three on the cams hardwire kit. battery , accessory and ground. he is correct that there are seperate wires for this. this will connect your camera not using any of the switches, unless you really want ability to turn it off .pic is from another post in forum.
Jeep Acc.jpg

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, you need to connect all three on the cams hardwire kit. battery , accessory and ground. he is correct that there are seperate wires for this. this will connect your camera not using any of the switches, unless you really want ability to turn it off .pic is from another post in forum.
Jeep Acc.jpg
Thanks I was successful!!! To all the helpers thanks as always!!! Took way longer than it should have, but I learned so much! Priceless 😎
Sponsored