• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Indiana WTB Rear Bumper Side License Light Connector & At Least 4" of Wire from Connector

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hey Everyone,

(I hope I'm not committing a sin by posting in both the WTB section of the forum and the sale section. I'd like to make sure it isn't overlooked.)

Looking to buy the bumper-side harness/connector for the license plate light for a stock Rubicon rear bumper for a 2021. 4" of wiring from the connector should work fine. (In other words, I'd like to be able to use the same connector arrangement for the new light as was on the stock jeep.) Something from a damaged bumper may work great depending on what is damaged.

I would be interested in buying the whole light assembly, too, as long as it has the plug-in connector attached. I will be wiring the license plate light on a relocation bracket and I would prefer not to cut into any of the wiring insulation of body side if I don't need to.

Located in Indianapolis.

Let me know if you have one you'd like to sell.

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
On my bumper the license plate light has the connecter built into it. The harness that includes the backup sensors and the license plate light connector, connects directly to the light on the license plate mount in the bumper. There is no wire between the light and the connector. This same connector may be used elsewhere, If so, I want one too.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Like this? If this is what you're looking for send me your address and they're yours.
20210814_171847.jpg
20210814_171831.jpg
20210814_171821.jpg

OP
OP

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi Guys,

Sorry for my late reply. You are correct that the mating connector is part of the back-up light housing.

I ended up cutting the connector off what would have been the back-up lamp and using weather-proof butt connectors to run a pair of wires through the housing for the passenger brake/tail light, into the tailgate and out to where the light will be connected.

All in all it looks pretty good.

Thanks for your input, and the offer.

Jeff

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Nice! Glad you got it sorted. If anyone else dropping by this thread needs this harness and light send me a PM. No charge. It is cut on the body side (not by me 😀).
Sponsored