• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

North Carolina WTB or Trade for Rubicon or Moab hood

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Preferably in black.
I still have your old axles. I could fix the rear for you and then you can get one of those fancy hoods on your brand new black rubi. The wifey would love that. Then you'll have a full set of Rubi axles you can sell AND a transfer case.

You need a hood. I have solutions. Lol

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I still have your old axles. I could fix the rear for you and then you can get one of those fancy hoods on your brand new black rubi. The wifey would love that. Then you'll have a full set of Rubi axles you can sell AND a transfer case.

You need a hood. I have solutions. Lol
LOL! How did I know that you were gonna creep this post? Something told me "Shawn is going to see this".
She wants a Rubi hood.... ughhh... I swear it's never gonna end. I am never going to live down not buying the Rubi when we bought hers.
She actually said we should just trade hers in for a Rubi and take all the stuff off of hers. I said no one is going to give us what we owe on a 64,000 mile stock Sahara.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
LOL! How did I know that you were gonna creep this post? Something told me "Shawn is going to see this".
She wants a Rubi hood.... ughhh... I swear it's never gonna end. I am never going to live down not buying the Rubi when we bought hers.
She actually said we should just trade hers in for a Rubi and take all the stuff off of hers. I said no one is going to give us what we owe on a 64,000 mile stock Sahara.
You could have the fake rubi vents added to the hood and slap a rubi decal on it. Or better yet, have some functional vents added and it'll be better than a rubicon. It should add about 6 horsepower.:rock:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You could have the fake rubi vents added to the hood and slap a rubi decal on it. Or better yet, have some functional vents added and it'll be better than a rubicon. It should add about 6 horsepower.:rock:
FAIL

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Road trip to Dallas :). Grab a black Rubi hood for $600.
Dang it! Hmmmm... How do you feel about a road trip to Amarillo some time during the middle of the last week of October? LOL.
We are moving to UT the last week of October and we drive right through Amarillo on our way there.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it! Hmmmm... How do you feel about a road trip to Amarillo some time during the middle of the last week of October? LOL.
We are moving to UT the last week of October and we drive right through Amarillo on our way there.
Hey if it was mine could have tried to work out. The hood is at a shop that does custom Jeeps. I just know they have a few Black ones (I bought one for myself) and have tried to see if they would ship for another member and no go. Sorry man. Good luck on the search and safe travels with your move.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey if it was mine could have tried to work out. The hood is at a shop that does custom Jeeps. I just know they have a few Black ones (I bought one for myself) and have tried to see if they would ship for another member and no go. Sorry man. Good luck on the search and safe travels with your move.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'd be really nervous about shipping one.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So if you are coming from NC and going through Amarillo are you taking I-40 through Little Rock, AR? You could always head SW on I-30 instead and swing through Dallas area then head back NW through Wichita Falls back to Amarillo. I will go grab the black Rubi hood for you and keep it at my house until you come through :like: Other option is when you get to Oklahoma City you could drive south about 2hrs and I would drive an hour north and meet you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So if you are coming from NC and going through Amarillo are you taking I-40 through Little Rock, AR? You could always head SW on I-30 instead and swing through Dallas area then head back NW through Wichita Falls back to Amarillo. I will go grab the black Rubi hood for you and keep it at my house until you come through :like: Other option is when you get to Oklahoma City you could drive south about 2hrs and I would drive an hour north and meet you.
The only problem is this trip is a move to St. George UT. That means it's not just the Jeep, it's also a 26' U-Haul and my mom-in-law helping us drive. Not really ideal conditions for a hood swap. I really appreciate your offer though :)

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem is this trip is a move to St. George UT. That means it's not just the Jeep, it's also a 26' U-Haul and my mom-in-law helping us drive. Not really ideal conditions for a hood swap. I really appreciate your offer though :)
I get it. Was just throwing it out there bud. Again - good luck with move.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Take a look at Carvana’s offer if you haven’t already. They’re overpaying for everything currently thanks to their VC bucks.

MiggyG

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m in Chesapeake va with a white rubi hood

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Chesapeake va with a white rubi hood
Darn... I'm hemorrhaging money right now with our move out to UT so I really can't justify this anymore. Unless you're giving it away I can't do it but I do need to ask what are you asking and what color is it?
Sponsored