Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
There's nothing wrong with the details of the thread. There is one post, where there's a sarcastic response to someone blaming the OP. That is not an admission of guilt, and will not hold up in court (civil or criminal).
What's more is that the insurance company would have to know he's on this forum to find it. It's not like fb or other social media platforms where you use your actual name. They can't search by name to find him and there are a ton of Jeep forums to search through if they even know he's on one. Joe is a pretty common name, so this may be the Joe they're looking for, or maybe not.
Keep in mind the court is very clear. If this thread is brought up as evidence it's not just that one post that gets to be used. All of it detailing how the other driver was at fault also gets used. The court is not a pick and chose format, it's all or nothing.
And the coup de grâace is that this whole thread is hearsay evidence anyway. In other words, without a lot of forensic backing it's inadmissible. So even if they somehow find the thread, and sufficiently identify the Jeep as the one involved, they won't be able to prove the OP is the one who posted it. Anyone could have created that account. Maybe the OP's friend, or spouse, or even the tow truck driver for all we can prove. Forensics can prove the IP address (ie the origin of the posts) which will narrow it down, but that's not proof that the OP wrote it. To actually prove that these were the OP's words, it would take a lot more computer forensics than the insurance company is going to pay for a weak attempt to try to depict a single sarcastic comment as an admission of guilt. Especially when there are multiple posts by the OP to the contrary.

I get that people are just trying to be helpful, and looking out for the OP's best interest. I think that's very smart, and kind. If the thread was talking about how he screwed up, then I'd absolutely agree that it should be wiped out. However there's nothing exculpatory here, so the OP has nothing to worry about with what's been posted.
The point in this post isn't to say people shouldn't recommend caution. I'm simply posting to put Joe's mind at ease. One less thing to stress about, you've got enough on your plate. If you're truly concerned about a post made in anger/frustration, you would only need to delete the sarcastic comment.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Stopped by the dealership to grab my sunglasses from the Jeelp today and took a couple pics. You can see the obvious damage to the left side, but on the right side the entire frame rail is bent to the left. I’m told there is also a buckle in the frame near the wheel

It’s looking like it’ll be about a month before I get it back.
Looking at the photos, it sounds like the shop has looked at it pretty close. They didn't stop at the obvious damage because there's not a whole lot of that. I think you'll be okay when they're done.

On a side note. The opposite frame rail bending is referred to as "induced damage." This is damage resulting from the crash, but not directly in contact with the other vehicle. The shop will likely find more of this type damage throughout the Jeep as they work on it. Frequently it's most obvious in body panel alignment on the side opposite the impact.
With a new straight frame put on the panels should like up again. If not, look for gradual bends in the metal. Other things can also sustain induced damage besides panel alignment so take a close look when you finally get your Jeep back to make sure they got it all.
I know the excitement will be to finally drive it again, and you'll immediately look at the area of impact. After that first look though check everything else. I'd also recommend a "test drive" before signing off on the repairs.

On the up side, it sounds like they've got the ball rolling. That's one more day down to when you get your Jeep back. Stay positive, you've had a great attitude about all this.

PS, did you talk to anyone about that Diminished Value claim yet? You won't be able to do it until the repairs are done, but you can get the information you need so it's ready when the Jeep is done.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
New frame arrived on Friday. Rebuild starts today. They’re going to paint the frame before they start. Looking like 2 more weeks give or take.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrecked new Rubi today. At least Rubicon is tough! CEC75E83-045E-4B7D-9A50-50B682E7723C
What do you have for a loaner until then?

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
What do you have for a loaner until then?
Funny you should ask. I’m sitting at Enterprise rental right now swapping out the Chevy equinox I’ve been driving for a month for something bigger.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
New frame arrived on Friday. Rebuild starts today. They’re going to paint the frame before they start. Looking like 2 more weeks give or take.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrecked new Rubi today. At least Rubicon is tough! CEC75E83-045E-4B7D-9A50-50B682E7723C
Did you check the welds?? There are posts regarding this.

?.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Funny you should ask. I’m sitting at Enterprise rental right now swapping out the Chevy equinox I’ve been driving for a month for something bigger.
See if they got something similar to a Wrangler lol. I consider Toyota 4Runner to be a very good substitute. If not then, see if the got a pick up truck.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Nope, but I’m gonna search for the thread now.
Just texted back and forth with the manager in charge of the repairs and they’re going to check all of the welds.

Thank you for the heads up!!
Sponsored