Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Frame is screwed. Body shop recommended to insurance company that they do a complete frame replacement. Front axle also toast.

Not a happy day for me.
They will probably repair that as a new frame and axle plus labour may be worth less than the value of your Jeep. Would have been better if they totaled it and you get another Jeep. Hope you weren't planning on selling this one in the future before this crash happened.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Still pretty accurate. 50 mph hit will break damn near anything.
I know it’s tough. But try to grab a beer or two and relax. Unfortunately this is now out of your control.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Frame is screwed. Body shop recommended to insurance company that they do a complete frame replacement. Front axle also toast.

Not a happy day for me.
Get it checked and quoted by different shops. Ive seen cases where one shop can repair it for X amount, and another shop finds more hidden damage or charge more and the ins. company totals the vehicle.

Just relax. Whatever the outcome, if totaled, or repaired, your jeep will drive fine. Just make sure you take it to the best possible shop and theyll get that jeep like new.

Cars are never a good investment. we are just lucky jeeps hold their value so much.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Get it checked and quoted by different shops. Ive seen cases where one shop can repair it for X amount, and another shop finds more hidden damage or charge more and the ins. company totals the vehicle.

Just relax. Whatever the outcome, if totaled, or repaired, your jeep will drive fine. Just make sure you take it to the best possible shop and theyll get that jeep like new.
Its at a good shop, and the dealer is actually going to do all of the non-body work so everything will remain under warranty.

So far we’re looking at a complete frame replacement, front bumper, front axle, control arms, front quarter, fender, grille, lights, and likely some additional suspension/steering components will turn out busted when they get to them.

The neck and back pain and very frequent headaches are pretty shitty to top it all off.

But, happy to be alive and that it wasn’t worse.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
are you getting any upgrades?
I think I’ll go aftermarket on the bumper, control arms, and any other suspension parts. Thinking about going with a Dynatrac axle depending on the price difference. I’ll probably get new track and sway bars whether they’re damaged or not. It will be free labor on the install.

Figure I might as well make the best of a shitty situation.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m glad you are... okay .
I had a guy make a left turn in front of me at an intersection. It took 3 weeks to find out my 19 month old and 15,000 miles JLUS had a Bent frame, the frame was on back order, as was another guys on another forum. The shop was three months, plus 1 for the frame, 4 months. $27,000 worth of damage and no they didn’t total the jeep.
I did have some bits and pieces put in while they were working on it. I wished I’d put more on.
Good luck with your pains and the Jeep.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Stopped by the dealership to grab my sunglasses from the Jeelp today and took a couple pics. You can see the obvious damage to the left side, but on the right side the entire frame rail is bent to the left. I’m told there is also a buckle in the frame near the wheel

It’s looking like it’ll be about a month before I get it back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrecked new Rubi today. At least Rubicon is tough! E010FF1D-79F6-4576-B649-8F901716B58B
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrecked new Rubi today. At least Rubicon is tough! 25185A2C-6A9C-4336-A8AE-6A65E8A4C59B

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stopped by the dealership to grab my sunglasses from the Jeelp today and took a couple pics. You can see the obvious damage to the left side, but on the right side the entire frame rail is bent to the left. I’m told there is also a buckle in the frame near the wheel

It’s looking like it’ll be about a month before I get it back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrecked new Rubi today. At least Rubicon is tough! 25185A2C-6A9C-4336-A8AE-6A65E8A4C59B
I wouldn’t hold them to that one month date. Hate to be blunt but don’t be surprised if it is more like 1.5 or 2 months.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I wouldn’t hold them to that one month date. Hate to be blunt but don’t be surprised if it is more like 1.5 or 2 months.
Yeah, I’m not going to get my hopes up. Frame is supposed to ship next week and then take a little more than a week for labor. Then still have to do the rest.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Wow, this thread has everything; action, drama, intrigue, lawyers, prosecutors, insurance agents, safe driving instructors, virtue signalers, social contractors, and a few "Karens". Somehow I leave smarter yet dumber...

OP glad to hear you are OK.
POST OF THE YEAR!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah, I’m not going to get my hopes up. Frame is supposed to ship next week and then take a little more than a week for labor. Then still have to do the rest.
Glad things are going forward, such an ordeal Joe, glad you're taking the high road through all of this, big hats-off for that!
Be sure to have them put that new Cast Iron steering box in while you're there, it's a game changer!

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What's ridiculous about warning a guy to not discuss accident details (especially self incrimination) on social media? I was trying to be helpful. Any generic pamphlet from your insurance company will tell you to get witnesses, pictures, party information and not to discuss the case with anyone not connected to the case.

You might think the officers make a determination but it's the insurance companies that have the most say in how to proceed with the case. Many times, citations are not issued even though fault is pretty clear.

Your right it doesn't change the facts but when you admit blame it can change outcome. Insurance companies comb through the social media sites and look for this very type of information. It seems that a lot of folks love to chronicle every time they fart on Facebook.

I think it's fine to share photos, your recollection of events and how everything went with the situation. I think it's dangerous to admit any kind of blame, regardless if sarcastic or not.

I could site some cases where social media posting came back to bite the publisher and changed the outcome of the case but I'm done with this thread.

Remember I was just offering friendly advice, nothing else or no other agenda.
Assume you are in the legal profession based on your post...

I am not but have seen and heard that though the law is black and white, insurance companies skew these to every shade in between.

If I was the OP I would delete the thread and restart it with no details or factual comments relating to the accident.
Sponsored