Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
DL650.jpg
I rode a DL650. It wasn't afraid of gravel, but I never took it off-road because it was a bit too much of a pig. Here I am on the Dragon's Tail. I sold this one and got a bandit. I added a fuse box, heated grips, gear shift indicator, voltmeter, cigarette port, GPS mount, and bags. Those were all bolt on. I really liked the orange, so I traded all the tanks/fairings with a guy who liked the silver better. This was the only US Orange ABS bike at the time. My final mod was adding an after market cruise control. No better way to get intimate with your bike than to tear it down, find a place to mount a controller, tap the wires necessary, do circuit diagrams and put in relays etc. so it all works correctly. It was my best mod. I drove this bike all over the eastern US and out to SD, WY and CO.

Lowsided a bandit 1250 and broke my ankle and my daughter had a total meltdown of fear. I decided to sell the motorcycles. I miss the open air, so I'm now waiting on the JLUR in a similar color! I probably won't go back to motorcycles.
Ahh mannn sorry for the spill, glad you're safe and thanks for the pics! Sounds like you really enjoyed the ride and all of the mods, lovely photo too :)

Since I got mine, I've done all the mods on it myself: Windscreen change, exhaust slip-on, and LED Lighting kit for the final result:

BEFORE:
091918-jpg.jpg

AFTER:
vert_tb-jpg.jpg

ylXM8yy.jpg

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
Not to quibble over details, because you make some excellent points, but it looks like they started making carts in 1963 and HD wasn’t sold to AMF until 1969 http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/harley-davidson-history
(Not sure how much faith I have in the accuracy of this site...) Regardless, we’d agree that Harley has weathered periods of gross mismanagement and had produced and/or had their name on manifestly inferior products, though correct?
I didn't realize they started making before AMF as the only ones I ever recall seeing were the AMF ones. If the site is correct I stand corrected and thank you TV. :like:

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
I didn't realize they started making before AMF as the only ones I ever recall seeing were the AMF ones. If the site is correct I stand corrected and thank you TV. :like:
And to your credit, I didn’t know anything about that history (I had seen photos but that was it) prior to your post. I love learning new things, so thank you!

Sponsored

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I came here to say the Mazda Miata community/aftermarket is probably larger but I just looked at sales numbers and holy hell, I can't believe these sales numbers are so low for the Mazda.

190,000 Wranglers to 11,200 Miatas in 2017..
Good comment.

Had 8 Miata's. Have had 2 JL's.