Wranglers a lot like Harleys

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Grew up in the Motor City. Loved the car culture up there, however when my dad got back into riding i learned how also and fell in love with it. Had 2 sportier types, with the 2nd having a lot of work done to it, and had a lot of fun riding it. Went to Sturgis, Milwaukee for the 100th anniversary, and did a couple of Rolling THunder events. Rode the Dragon, SKyline, and Blue Ridge. Made some cool friends but there was something about being a kid in my 20s, and all the old people riding harleys that i just didnt jive with. In fact some pissed me off to the point i said to hell with group riding and rode by myself or with my parents. id often hit the car shows with my brother, or friends till one show pissed off my brother and i both. he was told he couldnt park his 2001 Camaro SS that was cammed in the lot with the classics. Funny that lot wasnt even full. 2006 i sold the bike and moved to Virginia to "start adulting" lol. My dad passed away in 2009 after my son was born, and I inherited his 2007 Ultra that had a bunch of work done to it. I was fortunate enough to put a bunch of miles on it. Even though my son was little. He got older, wanted to ride, so we did and had fun doing so. 2015 i bought a 2005 GTO, loved the car, he loved it we had a blast with it. But while it filled a void, something was missing..... Enter 2019 Wrangler sport, w 6 spd soft top. other then the clutch i fell in love... Never have i met such a welcoming group of people. Not only within the community but just people in general loved the jeep and especially the Punkin orange... I sold that one and got a 23 rubi in Punkin.. I was at a winery the other day and i could see kids walking by pointing and smiling. an adult couple stopped to look at it and actually took a picture of it. I will always love my Harley. But the Jeep and its community are so much more fun and welcoming, plus its easier to do jeep things with my son and honestly he likes Jeep life better. Either way its a win. Ill post pics later i dont have any handy.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm impressed! Beautiful bike.

Dave
Preciate it! I put some downforce spoilers on her recently lol…not sure how functional they are tho.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys IMG_2517

(before)

Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys IMG_2731

Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys IMG_2667

Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys IMG_2728

(after- they’re very subtle).

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Im more a motorcycle guy and just purchased my 3rd wrangler. I swear to god Jeep has a gold mine on its hand with the massive never ending consumer base purchasing aftermarket equipment. I wonder from a dollars sense who rakes in more dough in the end. I mean I dont see any other brands close to the brand loyalty these two guys have in the business. Most like high end like Ferrari, lambo or high end bmw or merecedes just dont have the massive volume Jeep and Harley push out. I would say Harley has an edge with event promotions like sturgis, rallies and just harley related events at bars, dealerships etc and selling the lifestyle. logistically Harleys have an edge because you can easily fit hundreds of thousands of bikes in sturgis vs trucks or at local events and watering holes. But man Wrangler brand and customer support is impressive.
Yup. I call it the Leggo effect. Just keep adding lol never ends

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Preciate it! I put some downforce spoilers on her recently lol…not sure how functional they are tho.
IMG_2517.jpeg

(before)

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2667.jpeg

IMG_2728.jpeg

(after- they’re very subtle).
Absolutely wonderful.
I compare your bike to what I had to ride. I got my MC license in 1966. First bike was small. I felt rich! (MC and a change of clothes) I put 15,000 miles on that little bike in a year.
It's time I had a bike again.
Salute to you! Your bike is beautiful.

First Kawi I wanted was a 650 twin if I remember right...first ticket was on a friend's 500-3 cylinder. Fast!

DaveL

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Couldn't let it stop me tho... I literally had to jump up and down to work my nerves out because my hands were shaking when I started putting on my gloves. Had to get some prayers in...and once I got on, cranked, and turned onto the street, it was all good. I had a "bike high" all night after my ride...kept me up til like 5am >.< !

Can't wait til i can ride next week lol
Good for you! Got my first bike for my thirteenth birthday.I will turn 68 next April.I have been riding that long.Lost six friends to two wheeled accidents over the years, so I completely understand having mixed feelings about straddling a bike at certain times.I've actually turned around and put the bike up less than 10 minutes into a ride because.....it just didn't feel right.I'm down to one bike now,and have no plans for another.I do have a young man in mind to give it to when the time is right. I can't wait to see his face....lol! I hope you have a lifetime of two wheeled memories equal to mine before you're through.Ride safe.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
I love older Harley’s. owned a 63 pan head, 71 shovel head, 6 Heritage Springers, a 97 road king, and have a 55 pan head motor in prices I want to build.
‘I sold my bikes to fund my Jeep. I’ve been very lucky, and getting older. Bikes are great, but my Jeep is better.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I love older Harley’s. owned a 63 pan head, 71 shovel head, 6 Heritage Springers, a 97 road king, and have a 55 pan head motor in prices I want to build.
‘I sold my bikes to fund my Jeep. I’ve been very lucky, and getting older. Bikes are great, but my Jeep is better.
Older I had
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys 5CFA1293-A056-468B-95A9-5CCFB3A33D37
Had a sidecar for it :headbang:…… after the 3’rd burnt back piston on the 45 trike keeping up with the big boys it was either a Sportster top end or sell it, sold :headbang: #2
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys 79B43BF4-EA3C-4EFB-9208-FDD479123960
first new, late 73 I got after the 74’s were out and had been AMF’d, couple transformations in 18 years- from stock to
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys DBE33557-C4DE-4630-8978-A43F8F4F10E5
with age got tired of kicking and rigid-springer so back to
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys 33D170E9-75A4-4E93-9F45-421082A21946
no 91 Springer pic that I never got attached to, sounded like sh!t, and my shovel (souped) could easily outrun despite upgrades…. Current.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wranglers a lot like Harleys 367E81B3-CB67-44F3-BB67-31926D3A767F
there are some Harley-Jeep similarities. Dealerships are Not One of them. My Shovel was bought from a dealership owned by a former local legend racer- stunt rider since the late 40’s after his last race. Anything the knowledgeable rider, enthusiast, sales, parts, and mechanics didn’t know, he did. They aren’t nearly what they were, but still vastly superior to the idgits at CDJR ! ….. A close friend with health problems offered me his stock, original 57 Pan w sidecar. I couldn’t accept denying his son of his father’s heritage. When he passed his brother claimed it for money he claimed owed. Good intentions = :headbang: #3…. If he knew he didn’t tell me. I haven’t spoken to his brother since.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely wonderful.
I compare your bike to what I had to ride. I got my MC license in 1966. First bike was small. I felt rich! (MC and a change of clothes) I put 15,000 miles on that little bike in a year.
It's time I had a bike again.
Salute to you! Your bike is beautiful.

First Kawi I wanted was a 650 twin if I remember right...first ticket was on a friend's 500-3 cylinder. Fast!

DaveL
Thank you! 💚🙏🏽💚

Haha im a couple hundred miles off of 15k myself! After my accident in ‘21 i had to slow down and heal up my broken stuff lol. I couldn’t ride for 3months!!’ But since ive mended i ride weekly, typically. Lately i havent had much time…goin on 3 weeks without riding! 😫😫😫

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you! Got my first bike for my thirteenth birthday.I will turn 68 next April.I have been riding that long.Lost six friends to two wheeled accidents over the years, so I completely understand having mixed feelings about straddling a bike at certain times.I've actually turned around and put the bike up less than 10 minutes into a ride because.....it just didn't feel right.I'm down to one bike now,and have no plans for another.I do have a young man in mind to give it to when the time is right. I can't wait to see his face....lol! I hope you have a lifetime of two wheeled memories equal to mine before you're through.Ride safe.
Thank you! I hope I do too!!! I still love my bike and she still feels new even at ~14,800miles. She’s just special 💚

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you! 💚🙏🏽💚

Haha im a couple hundred miles off of 15k myself! After my accident in ‘21 i had to slow down and heal up my broken stuff lol. I couldn’t ride for 3months!!’ But since ive mended i ride weekly, typically. Lately i havent had much time…goin on 3 weeks without riding! 😫😫😫
Keep the shiny side up!

edit: I'm so sorry you had that experience. Glad you healed. Broke my tib/fib a long while back. Got to learn how to walk again. Still have 2 plates and 14 screws in my right leg. Glad I healed too.

Life happens when we have other plans.

Last edited:

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Jl just like a Harley, they mark their territory. Leak here leak there. 🤣lol