Wranglers a lot like Harleys

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Im more a motorcycle guy and just purchased my 3rd wrangler. I swear to god Jeep has a gold mine on its hand with the massive never ending consumer base purchasing aftermarket equipment. I wonder from a dollars sense who rakes in more dough in the end. I mean I dont see any other brands close to the brand loyalty these two guys have in the business. Most like high end like Ferrari, lambo or high end bmw or merecedes just dont have the massive volume Jeep and Harley push out. I would say Harley has an edge with event promotions like sturgis, rallies and just harley related events at bars, dealerships etc and selling the lifestyle. logistically Harleys have an edge because you can easily fit hundreds of thousands of bikes in sturgis vs trucks or at local events and watering holes. But man Wrangler brand and customer support is impressive.
Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
On occasion I see two of the same Wrangler, but most seem to be slightly individualized around here.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 62 Beetle convertible, and although the old VWs also have a cult following, the company is really nasty when it comes to protecting their brand. They would even go after personal blogs. Aside from that, they try to keep companies from making aftermarket parts while not actually providing them either. In comparison to Ford that lets you buy crate motors forever or Jeep who actively courts the aftermarket suppliers, it is night and day. I definitely prefer the Jeep way of handling things.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I came here to say the Mazda Miata community/aftermarket is probably larger but I just looked at sales numbers and holy hell, I can't believe these sales numbers are so low for the Mazda.

190,000 Wranglers to 11,200 Miatas in 2017..

Sponsored

OP
OP

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
@maksiu

Geeez, somebody needed a 4" drop hitch...

Why wasn't that drop hitch flipped over so you had a drop versus raise...?

I didn't have my loading ramp for my bike trailer so I had to be creative to load it. Only bottomed out twice on the way home LOL Was hella fun strapping it down on that slope too.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Funny, I thought you were going to talk about how they both have a lot of problems and are overpriced but people buy them anyways.
The Harley store near me closed up recently. Let’s hope that’s one similarity between Jeep and Harley we don’t see.

I’m sure it is easier to text while driving a car than a motorcycle..