Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

To the OP - you may look at the RP-190. It's a similar floorplan to your top choice, but fits more nicely under the weight limits (or right up to).

I'd also recommend that you hit up RVShare.com or Outdoorsy.com and try to rent your exact model for a weekend trip. That's what I'm doing - $250 to rent an RP-190 for a weekend trip is well worth it to get an idea of both the towing AND the living experience before you plunk down some $$$.
Sponsored

gonmudn

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU Mojito!
If possible, see if a dealer will let you test tow, and pull it up a hill. We just bought the Apex Tera which is just shy of 3000 lbs dry, it's smaller than the Nano. We have an equalizer hitch, which you absolutely need for the JL to keep the rig flat with no sag in back. But it's incredibly nerve wracking to pull up a hill. They are pretty steep and long here in CO. The engine has to rev pretty high to keep it around 50-55mph and I get nervous about the transmission temp.

We are actually thinking of selling it, because the experience of towing is like white knuckle driving, I'm not a fan!
Thank you for this tip. I was wondering if the dealers would let you hook up and take a test tow. I will definitely be checking into this. I am in kind of the same situation only the heavier trailer is 3176 dry weight with 418 hitch weight. I have seen many Jeeps towing this model but want to do my research and make sure I feel comfortable towing.