Nephilim70

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
Hello all,

I just received my Jeep JL and I had thought I ordered it with Selec trac. At the end of the day it came with command trac. I believe these units are highly moddable on a component level.

IF I wanted to install Selec Trac, is it just the transfer case (What is the correct part??) and 4X4 gear shifter pattern which changes? Compatible with other options? I have the tow package and limited slip.

My wife is the main driver and we live in an area which has snow and ice 6 months a year.

TIA
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Nephilim70; I’m not sure exactly what all would need to change...for sure the transfer case, the shifter, and any/all wiring harnesses, but you would also probably have to flash the computer to work with the SelecTrac. And there is always the possibility that it’s impossible to add without factory only parts...at least for now...

Good luck with your project! Let us know what you find out!

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Different front axle, CV joints! Good Luck, if you ordered Selec-Trac and dealer didn't order you should be pretty BS!!! Probably cost you more to add on if you can than taking the beating to trade for a new vehicle!!

Shift on the fly is pretty easy and if real snowy, just shift and leave it til roads dry!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored