Sponsored

Wrangler Sky One-Touch small tear and puncture hole from garage gate - repair ideas help needed

Robandjen

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2020
We have a Jeep Wrangler with the new Sky One-touch convertible roof. I researched that the canvas is made out of 3 parts/layers, so I believe the outer most layer is twill. The apartment building I am currently living in has a gate for the garage and the gate closed on top of my jeep as I was driving through it. The gate skid across my entire canvas top resulting in tears and a puncture hole.
Can someone please recommend a good way to fix these damages? Maybe a patch up kit or a repair kit for the top of the canvas roof. The roof is still fully functional and is still 100% waterproof :)
Would you try to fix this yourself or take the car into a car upholstery repair shop?
Please see below of the pictures of the damages.
The first image show the most damages and show a long tear with the punture hole towards the bottom of the tear. *This is my biggest worry, with regular wear and tear I am afraid that this tear may get bigger with time. How would you patch and repair this tear?
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Sky One-Touch small tear and puncture hole from garage gate - repair ideas help needed IMG_5722.JPG

Here are some more pictures of the roof:
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Sky One-Touch small tear and puncture hole from garage gate - repair ideas help needed IMG_5724.JPG
Sponsored

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I have a friend with a TJ. The soft top had worn thin where it stretched over the back bar. He ran a length of Gorilla brand rubber sealing tape down it and it did the trick. This is not the ordinary Gorilla Tape; it's an actual thin rubber membrane with some kind of super duper adhesive that sticks like crazy.

Might look a little ugly on your top, but if you're worried about water I bet it would work great.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We have a Jeep Wrangler with the new Sky One-touch convertible roof. I researched that the canvas is made out of 3 parts/layers, so I believe the outer most layer is twill. The apartment building I am currently living in has a gate for the garage and the gate closed on top of my jeep as I was driving through it. The gate skid across my entire canvas top resulting in tears and a puncture hole.
Can someone please recommend a good way to fix these damages? Maybe a patch up kit or a repair kit for the top of the canvas roof. The roof is still fully functional and is still 100% waterproof :)
Would you try to fix this yourself or take the car into a car upholstery repair shop?
Please see below of the pictures of the damages.
The first image show the most damages and show a long tear with the punture hole towards the bottom of the tear. *This is my biggest worry, with regular wear and tear I am afraid that this tear may get bigger with time. How would you patch and repair this tear?
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Sky One-Touch small tear and puncture hole from garage gate - repair ideas help needed IMG_5724.JPG

Here are some more pictures of the roof:
Can you file a claim with you apartment complex and have their insurance cover the repairs/replacement?
Sponsored