Sponsored

Wrangler sales fell 12% in May, but remain strong

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

JK Wrangler sales fell 12% in May compared to May 2015, and was -4% year-to-date compared to 2015. Think we'll see the sales numbers keep dropping until the JL Wrangler comes out? Maybe with news and photos of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler making their rounds, people are starting wait for it instead of jumping on current JK models.

Here's how the Jeep models compared

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 8.45.43 AM.jpg
Sponsored

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
I think it's still early for sales to be dropping due to JL news. Most people probably have no idea a new Wrangler is arriving. 20,000 sales is still good, nothing to panic about yet.

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Pretty sure FCA/Jeep was one of the few brands to grow last month. It's a tough time for cars in general but the wrangler has been on a tear so this is just a little hiccup and the new Jeep pickup is the right idea.

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
JK Wrangler sales fell 12% in May compared to April, and was -4% compared to May of last year. Think we'll see the sales numbers keep dropping until the JL Wrangler comes out? Maybe with news and photos of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler making their rounds, people are starting wait for it instead of jumping on current JK models.

Here's how the Jeep models compared
You read the chart wrong. It was -12% compared to last May and -4% year to date compared to same time last year.

94grt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
There's still probably 1.5-2 years before anyone can buy a JL so I doubt anyone is holding off just yet. Plus so little is known about it while the JK is a sure thing. Me I'm still enjoying my TJ and in no rush. In a few years time I'll be ready to upgrade.

Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I think it's still early for sales to be dropping due to JL news. Most people probably have no idea a new Wrangler is arriving. 20,000 sales is still good, nothing to panic about yet.
And even the ones that know it's coming have little specs to go off of right now. Doubt anyone who needs a Jeep right now is going to hold off until a still unknown sales date at an unknown price :)

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
We already know it will be better offroad, that much FCA has repeated. If they would confirm it still has a convertible top I bet that'd enough to make a lot of people hold off on purchases.

If you think about it those rumors actually might help them sell more Wranglers now instead of delayed purchases.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: