Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon unlimited
UPDATE!!!!

So I finally took my JLUR to the dealership yesterday with a recorded audio of the misfiring, technician couldn’t reproduce the misfire so he plugged the computer in the obd port and took it for another test drive, when he got back, he told me the cylinder 1 was misfiring and he had to replace the coil and spark plug. It’s been day 1 and apparently the problem it’s gone. I’ll give it a few more days to be 100% sure it doesn't come back!!
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So I pick up my jeep from the dealer manager and tech could hear the noise but cant locate it or know what the noise is. So I contacted FCA and opened a case. There was also some clicking noise when I turned left well they found CV shaft but was loose the upper and lower ball joints were loose and the drivers outer tie rode was also loose. All from factory
Unreal all those components were loose. WTF are they doing at the factory? Thankfully they actually found the loose parts before anyone got hurt. Hopefully all is good now!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
UPDATE!!!!

So I finally took my JLUR to the dealership yesterday with a recorded audio of the misfiring, technician couldn’t reproduce the misfire so he plugged the computer in the obd port and took it for another test drive, when he got back, he told me the cylinder 1 was misfiring and he had to replace the coil and spark plug. It’s been day 1 and apparently the problem it’s gone. I’ll give it a few more days to be 100% sure it doesn't come back!!
Great to hear the tech was qualified.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
UPDATE!!!!

Hey OP,

Thanks for the update with regards to how your JL was after the dealership visit! Now, almost 2 months later, has the pinging/knocking come back at all?

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been having the same problem( only 9k), seems more like a diesel rattle noise, I’ll try and upload some clips I took with GoPro. Dealer heard it too but can’t find what’s causing it, going back to dealer tomorrow for rear diff repairs, drag link, and seat track along with more diagnostics, hopefully someone can figure this noise out. 91 octane hasn’t affected mine. There are other post about engine rattle on accel that describe exact same symptoms.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Here’s a 1min GoPro video capturing the rattle knocking noise mine makes under load 2 or 3 gear. I’m dropping off to dealer again in 1 hour, we’ll see what happens?

Not sure I'm hearing it in the video, maybe around the :15-:16 second mark?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Here’s a 1min GoPro video capturing the rattle knocking noise mine makes under load 2 or 3 gear. I’m dropping off to dealer again in 1 hour, we’ll see what happens?

This is misleading because of the title of the thread. That’s anything but engine knocking.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s another clip, can you hear the rattle sound?

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
This is misleading because of the title of the thread. That’s anything but engine knocking.
I didn’t start the thread but can certainly relate to the concern and symptoms people are having and describing with same conditions(2 or 3 gear acceleration under load)

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I didn’t start the thread but can certainly relate to the concern and symptoms people are having and describing with same conditions(2 or 3 gear acceleration under load)
I understand the concern. I am not saying there is no issue, but maybe it should be on its own thread because that is not engine knocking. Something is clicking for sure, but engine knocking is used for a more specific issue. I am not downplaying your problem.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the concern. I am not saying there is no issue, but maybe it should be on its own thread because that is not engine knocking. Something is clicking for sure, but engine knocking is used for a more specific issue. I am not downplaying your problem.
Just an FYI, It’s also on another thread labeled rattle on acceleration, that’s how I describe it, but I can appreciate folks describing as a knocking sound, but it’s obviously not an engine knock! I’m just hoping one of us can finally get some answers in relation to the (rattle, pinging, knocking, ticking, rapid clicking, gargeling, bogging, pre-detenation, spark knocking, diesel rattling sound.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE!!!!

Were there any codes or check engine light on? How’s it been now since repair, any more noise?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I had something similar to this. sounded like a mechanical flutter for 2-3 seconds under acceleration - its in addition to the normal engine growl. I switched to 93 octane as an experiment to see if that had any effect. So far now for 3 days Ive not heard the same flutter. Fingers crossed. However, the Jeep shouldn't "flutter" with 87 octane. So I'll be taking it in to dealer at some point here too.
Sponsored