Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The reviews have started coming in for the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, enjoy.

ARTICLES
Autoblog -- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 First Drive Review | Tackling Moab with 470 horses
Motor1 -- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 First Drive Review: Noise And Smiles
Motortrend -- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V-8 First Drive: Bronco Who?

VIDEOS

Additional visual / sound clips (not reviews):

Sponsored

Last edited:

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t see me trading in my Bikini 2 door but.......a second Jeep? Maybe......lol.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I can’t see me trading in my Bikini 2 door but.......a second Jeep? Maybe......lol.
If I got to keep a two door with the 392 I'd consider trading mine, but I'd have to disassemble it and paint it Chief :(

Happy with my Diesel. In Offroad+ it's nearly as fun with the right shock setup.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It would be sweeeeet.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I LOVE the idea of owning one but I just can’t bring myself to spending $73500 for a Wrangler. Even the TRX starts at $2500 LESS than the Jeep and that truck has a HELLCAT.

But seriously, I’m happy for all those that get them. Please let me drool in peace as you pop the hood to show off.. ;)

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
Man, I LOVE the idea of owning one but I just can’t bring myself to spending $73500 for a Wrangler. Even the TRX starts at $2500 LESS than the Jeep and that truck has a HELLCAT.

But seriously, I’m happy for all those that get them. Please let me drool in peace as you pop the hood to show off.. ;)

So if you deck out a regular rubi.. it's like what 64k or something... considering the suspension, frame changes, and upgraded 44s, etc.. am I the only one that thinks.. the price isn't crazy .. ah well maybe I am .. I have two reserved.. first one that gets here I keep :)

I was going to have a rubi built with a turn key v8 pack.. but it was like 100k + all in.. I will take the one with the extendable warranty

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the one up close at EJS last week. Man, I'd love one, but I love my Jeep too much, wouldn't pay that price, and wouldn't give up the manual transmission. I have plenty of fun with that manual and the 3.6, anyway.

Now if they offered me a dead-even trade? Ok, I'd bite then. But the odds of that are longer than winning Powerball. (And that's with me never buying a ticket!)

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Future collectible, it won’t be made for many years.
It's hard to ever say that for certain about any vehicle, but regardless, that possibility is why I'm kinda reluctant to sell my original, 392 specific wheels when mine comes in.

Sponsored

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
costs too much. (comparison to trx is interesting)
you cant get it in a two door
you cant get it with a manual
you cant get it with part time 4wd
range on a tank of gas is gonna be dismal

i know lots of folks have dreamed of a v8 jeep for years. i had a v8 cj (stock v8 motor) with a few things done to the suspension and motor. it sure as hell didnt cost the equivalent of 73k at the time. and it had a manual and was a two door.

frankly, what i'd prefer would be a twin turbo 6 3L. a bit more HP and torque, better at altitudes. better at gas mileage. even a smaller v8 would be preferable.

for those that just dreamed of the sound and acceleration of the v8, that is enough i assume to justify the cost.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I find it interesting that people are not satisfied with the price. Personally I am a car salesman (for Jeep, yes) and I have been hearing for years that cars are too expensive, yet the prices continually go up and people still purchase and afford them.

IMO Jeep priced it spot on, a Eco Rubi can be 64k fully loaded. 10k more does not seem totally crazy, especially when you consider it is already "lifted". I am more interested to see what it does to the resale value of JL rubi's and how well the 392's hold their value.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
I find it interesting that people are not satisfied with the price. Personally I am a car salesman (for Jeep, yes) and I have been hearing for years that cars are too expensive, yet the prices continually go up and people still purchase and afford them.

IMO Jeep priced it spot on, a Eco Rubi can be 64k fully loaded. 10k more does not seem totally crazy, especially when you consider it is already "lifted". I am more interested to see what it does to the resale value of JL rubi's and how well the 392's hold their value.
you sell cars so you can answer this better than me. but the conclusion i have come to is a lot of folks look at a new vehicle purchase as how much can i pay a month. leases are popular and 60 month (or more) payments are also common. this takes the (immediate) sting out of the purchase (i guess). growing up, my parents and their parents, and then me usually paid cash for a vehicle, or took out a loan for a small portion of the amount for no more than 3 years. coming from that perspective and looking at paying, say 1000 a month for 6 years (or more) is hard to swallow. though i dont begrudge the person who does so.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
you sell cars so you can answer this better than me. but the conclusion i have come to is a lot of folks look at a new vehicle purchase as how much can i pay a month. leases are popular and 60 month (or more) payments are also common. this takes the (immediate) sting out of the purchase (i guess). growing up, my parents and their parents, and then me usually paid cash for a vehicle, or took out a loan for a small portion of the amount for no more than 3 years. coming from that perspective and looking at paying, say 1000 a month for 6 years (or more) is hard to swallow. though i dont begrudge the person who does so.
The simple answer is, that opinions on price and value of any vehicle, are, and will always be completely subjective. It will always be up to the potential buyer to decide for themselves what is, and isn't a good "price" for a car.

And the number of units of any vehicle that a manufacture sells at a given price, is the ultimate indicator of whether the general market agrees with that Manufacturer's pricing strategy.

I suppose one could also just watch what happens with the sales price on a new vehicle after the initial "buzz" period ends, for a decent gauge as well.

Are the Manufacturers still struggling to meet demand, and buyers still dealing with choosing between long wait times or dealer markups one year in? Or are they piling up on dealer lots, with heavy manufacturer subsidized discounts by the end of their first year or two of production.

With any new vehicle, all it really takes is time, if a buyer is uncertain about whether or not a vehicles price is too high.

Regardless, filtering what others choose to do with their car-purchasing abilities through your own "parameters" is silly.

And that's because no two people share the exact same circumstances, nor the exact same priorities, that will heavily influence that persons willingness to spend whatever amount of money for a car.

I do agree with you though, that far too many people are willing to over-leverage themselves to get something they probably shouldn't. Hence the popularity of Bankruptcy Law Firm commercials.

(I can't criticism them too much though, since that would make me quite the hypocrite. I have never personally been through a bankruptcy, but I've been close... I may be a little wiser now, but I was young and over-confident once too. ;) )

By the way, this is not intended as a slight towards your statements in any way, more just an observation.

Cheers,
-Rob
Sponsored