Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Exactly… the 392 is a cash cow… no way they discontinue. They have Ford by the balls with it.
100%, the Bronco may be the best thing ever for Jeep development. If Bronco comes out with a 40” tire option Jeep has to keep up. 😊

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
The "20" means it's going to have 20 inch low profile gold wheels and an angry grill that you can't take off from the factory. :LOL:

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
“Then close out the 392 model”
So still predicting it’s discontinued I guess?
Here is my guess - 392 through 2023, then ended, when the inline 6's come on board, along with a model refresh with mild exterior things like grilles and bumpers, with a mostly new interior with new colors, along with things like camera rear view mirror, larger screen wireless charging pad, cooling (with the heated) seats, and wireless Apple Car play. This is all purely speculation mind you.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
I wrote in another post about second hand rumors that I've been privy to. As some background, I'm an engineer (did graduate work at Stanford and focused on engines and control systems). I ended up going a different direction, but several classmates ended up working in the industry. A couple of them were in the SRT group (that got disbanded and they are all doing other projects now).

Long story short, I've heard there will be a "last hurrah" to the HEMI powered Jeeps. The roadmap doesn't look like the HEMI engines have a bright future, but in 2023 there supposedly will be a "Final Edition" Rubicon 392 that aims to be a Bronco Raptor killer. No specifics, but it supposedly will have more power, different axles, factory winch, 360 degree trail cam, bigger tires, and a true lift kit with upgraded suspension.

I've heard rumors before that went nowhere (like the final edition 2017 Viper ACR with direct-injection V10 and 850 HP). They did come out with a "final edition" ACR Extreme that is absolutely awesome, but no changes to the engine like I hoped for. So, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Over the years Ive noticed Jeep is great at making awesome concept vehicles….. that NEVER make it to production.
It will have 10 features, take feedback and 2 features will make it to production.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
According to the last 392 thread they’re gonna tell us that the Wrangler 392 is discontinued and the XR package is never to be made again.
I hope I win the lottery before that happens

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
I wrote in another post about second hand rumors that I've been privy to. As some background, I'm an engineer (did graduate work at Stanford and focused on engines and control systems). I ended up going a different direction, but several classmates ended up working in the industry. A couple of them were in the SRT group (that got disbanded and they are all doing other projects now).

Long story short, I've heard there will be a "last hurrah" to the HEMI powered Jeeps. The roadmap doesn't look like the HEMI engines have a bright future, but in 2023 there supposedly will be a "Final Edition" Rubicon 392 that aims to be a Bronco Raptor killer. No specifics, but it supposedly will have more power, different axles, factory winch, 360 degree trail cam, bigger tires, and a true lift kit with upgraded suspension.

I've heard rumors before that went nowhere (like the final edition 2017 Viper ACR with direct-injection V10 and 850 HP). They did come out with a "final edition" ACR Extreme that is absolutely awesome, but no changes to the engine like I hoped for. So, I'll believe it when I see it.
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I just saw some pictures of the "Final Edition 392" that my friend at (formerly) SRT told me about. It's got everything that he said it would have. What's not published yet is the extra power the engine puts out. I'm told it will be "at least" 15 HP (which is easy because that's what the Charger/Challenger cars put out). Here are some pics in case you haven't seen them yet:

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept Teased Ahead of Easter Jeep Safari Debut 1649437362306

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept Teased Ahead of Easter Jeep Safari Debut 1649437414207
Sponsored