Wrangler lift questions

laytonoid

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport 4-door
hello! I am going to be getting a lift on my JLUS. Right now it is stock with the 31.5 inch tires and “tech silver” wheels. I have a few questions though..

1) how much lift would I need for 35” tires? 34” tires? 33” tires? (To have no rubbing at full flex)

2) how big of a tire can be put on the existing wheels?

3) when the lift is complete and bigger tires put on.. what things need to be reset in the computer? (Example: speedometer change?)

Thanks!
Sponsored

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
1) for a Rubicon, it will full flex on 35s with the high top flares, but the sport (what I have) sits lower by 1.5ish inches. I'd say for 35s you would need a minimum of 2.5in.

2) For the wheels you can put on any height of tire, but the width is the deciding factor. If they are 9" wide wheels I wouldnt go much over 12.5" wide in my opinion. They will bulge a little but still work just fine.

3) unless you have an aftermarket tuner, you just take it to the dealer and they will do everything that you need for the size of tire you get. But really it's just MPH (at least in a manual).

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
1) for a Rubicon, it will full flex on 35s with the high top flares, but the sport (what I have) sits lower by 1.5ish inches. I'd say for 35s you would need a minimum of 2.5in.

2) For the wheels you can put on any height of tire, but the width is the deciding factor. If they are 9" wide wheels I wouldnt go much over 12.5" wide in my opinion. They will bulge a little but still work just fine.

3) unless you have an aftermarket tuner, you just take it to the dealer and they will do everything that you need for the size of tire you get. But really it's just MPH (at least in a manual).
The vehicle also uses wheel speed to calculate shift points (in an automatic) and data for the ABS, stability control, and traction control features. Going up a small amount in OA tire diameter probably won't make much of a difference, but just be aware that the above systems do use the data that is adversely affected by a tire size change.

Given that, I'd take it to the dealer (or use a tuner) to get the new tire size entered, and thus ensure that all the safety systems mentioned above have accurate data.
:like:
Sponsored