Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

wondering if anyone has a good trick to reduce the wind noise?
Hard top headliner. There's the OEM Mopar and others like Hot Heads, Boom Mats, etc.

Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I have the original headliners that came stock. Which do you recommend?
Hard top liners don't come stock. They can be added as a factory option or bought aftermarket. Lining the hard top will improve sound deadening, and will have the added effect of insulating the top for hot/cold conditions.
I didn't order them from Jeep, but may still very well buy Hot Heads when my Jeep arrives. They are pricey, but I think they improve sound quality within the Jeep considerably.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the original headliners that came stock. Which do you recommend?
I have those in my JLU now. Vehicle came with them from the factory. I run with a Sunrider for Hardtop, so I don't have the freedom panels in place. I'm finding the wind noise (when closed) to be less than with the freedom panels.

If I were looking to replace my OEM headliner, I'd go with the Hot Heads. I had a set in my JKU and really liked them.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hard top liners don't come stock. They can be added as a factory option
When they come with the vehicle from the factory they are considered stock to the vehicle.

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Headliners cut down on noise but don't eliminate it. If the wind noise is higher pitched, you may have a weatherstrip out of alignment or not sealing. Just have to find the source. For general wind noise, try reseating the Freedom Panels. Remove both. Put passenger side panel on first and seat it well. Driver side next and pay attention to where it overlaps the passenger panel, you're going for good contact. For me, wind noise at speed is not a problem. But if the wind outside is blowing decently, my 4WD brick will let me know about it a lot more at speed. Welcome to Jeep!

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hello my fellow Wrangler Lovers!

Got a 2019 JL, wondering if anyone has a good trick to reduce the wind noise? Gets pretty loud when I drive over 100km/h.

Using a hardtop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler JL Wind Noise welcome

Klee Kai? Didn't know they were mushers too, but it makes sense.

You probably have to be more specific regarding the wind noise, or you are going to get a ton of recommendations. I.e. whistling, buffeting, location.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver

Got a 2019 JL, wondering if anyone has a good trick to reduce the wind noise? Gets pretty loud when I drive over 100km/h.

Using a hardtop.

CFD30250-9FCC-4150-A1CF-526B38404062.jpeg
Just wait till you get a roof rack and some lights. Also, a lift and big tires will make the wind noise a lot less noticeable, I promise.
I’ve been driving mine for 2 months and I don’t even notice the wind anymore. I love my Jeep, but I can see how it’s not for everyone.

D5C986CC-C7B5-4518-B375-215D0A369BDA.jpeg

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Using a hardtop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler JL Wind Noise D5C986CC-C7B5-4518-B375-215D0A369BDA
When in the States visit the Harbor Freight store in Niagara Falls.

Pick up a black moving blanket, bungee balls, and a grommet kit. Cut the blanket to fit the size of the roof and put grommets in its perimeter.

Tie down the blanket by snaking the bungee balls through the grommet holes and Sports Bar.

This will cut down on wind noise a lot, and it's not too expensive or difficult a fix.