Wrangler Jl turn signal out error even after programmed

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hey everyone, first time poster here. I installed LED switchbacks on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl but I’m getting hyper flashing on the dash and turn signal out errors. I have programmed it to LED via JScan, but still no success. Does anyone know why?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Just to confirm you changed the DRL’s to “optional” and then the DRL location to “turn signal” and finally turn signals to “LED”?

Gregj

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to confirm you changed the DRL’s to “optional” and then the DRL location to “turn signal” and finally turn signals to “LED”?

Gregj
That’s an interesting idea. I believe my Drl is set to either Canada, or “No”. My Drl location is set to dedicated I think since I have halos hooked up. And my turn signal is set to LED. I will change those when I have access to the car again later this afternoon. Thank you for your reply.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nick, I see you are in Canada so that part is right. I assume you have a Sport so the DRL’s should be set to “turn signal” as Sports do not have the dedicated DRL.
Gregj

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nick, I see you are in Canada so that part is right. I assume you have a Sport so the DRL’s should be set to “turn signal” as Sports do not have the dedicated DRL.
Gregj
As I have it right now, my fender lights and halo DRL are on and white when I have the light switch in the parking light section, but when I change the DRL location to turn signal, my DRLs turn Amber, but I have LED switchbacks.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is a known issue with the switchbacks. Maybe @jludave can offer suggestions as I am out of help here as I have very little experience with them.
Gregj

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is a known issue with the switchbacks. Maybe @jludave can offer suggestions as I am out of help here as I have very little experience with them.
Gregj
So you don’t know how to fix the dash error?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually changing the settings for the lights to LED does the trick.
6CC4DF2D-7201-40B8-8C65-98DD994D12DE.jpeg

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually changing the settings for the lights to LED does the trick.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Jl turn signal out error even after programmed 6CC4DF2D-7201-40B8-8C65-98DD994D12DE
Yea I’ve done those. Do you know how to reset the computer? I’ve seen people talk of it but I’m not aware of how to do it.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a reboot all ECU’s in JScan but that doesn’t always work. I would try disconnecting the battery(s) sometimes that will fix odd problems. I had to disconnect the batteries on mine to do the sixth gear relearn. These things are never truly “off” and disconnecting the batteries is the only way to fully reboot them.
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a reboot all ECU’s in JScan but that doesn’t always work. I would try disconnecting the battery(s) sometimes that will fix odd problems. I had to disconnect the batteries on mine to do the sixth gear relearn. These things are never truly “off” and disconnecting the batteries is the only way to fully reboot them.
Gregj
Sorry for asking what seems like a dumb question, but how would you do this? Do you only take off the negative terminal or the positive as well.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which power train do you have? On my 3.6 non BSG/E-Torque I took off these two cables on the negative terminal. Keep them separated.
EA8BF48C-169E-4DE1-A216-CF198C190F26.jpeg

If you have BSG you should just have to disconnect the negative terminal. Wait a few minutes and then reconnect them.
Gregj

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which power train do you have? On my 3.6 non BSG/E-Torque I took off these two cables on the negative terminal. Keep them separated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Jl turn signal out error even after programmed EA8BF48C-169E-4DE1-A216-CF198C190F26

If you have BSG you should just have to disconnect the negative terminal. Wait a few minutes and then reconnect them.
Gregj
I have the 3.6L V6, to be fair, I don’t know what BSG means lol. So do I only take off the negative?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, it’s a 2018 v6 so no BSG. Just disconnect the two cables on the negative terminal pointed to in white below.
49BCFDBA-7F91-4915-8125-F1F033A11DEB.jpeg

Gregj
You will need a 10mm and a 13mm take the 13mm off first and separate that cable then the 10mm

OP
OP

NickOlu03

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, it’s a 2018 v6 so no BSG. Just disconnect the two cables on the negative terminal pointed to in white below.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Jl turn signal out error even after programmed 49BCFDBA-7F91-4915-8125-F1F033A11DEB

Gregj
You will need a 10mm and a 13mm
Alright, I’ll go try everything now.
Sponsored