Sponsored

Wrangler JL Snow Plow?

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You have potential for a lot of wood.

If you have money, you could rip out the entire asphalt and install a heated, snow melting driveway.

1603588336139.jpeg

It’s not cheap but how much would you pay to NOT have to plow thru your driveway when it snows?
sounds great, def not cheap. i will stick to old fashioned way of doing it self or hire a service for for the days i dont have time.
Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I have 100 yards of gravel drive and a wide parking area. I have a snow blower but it sucks up stones or branches and breaks shear pins. Don't put stronger shear pins in or the brass drive gear will strip. Ask me how I know.......

I have my old TJ and am wanting to put a plow on it. Think I will avoid this with the JL.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I’ve used a snowblower and a snow plow. There’s a time to blow and a time to plow and it really just depends on what everything else looks like. Don’t blow if you don’t have to.

Last time it snowed, I let my girlfriend do all the blowing. It was entertaining to say the least.

When you’re about to plow, map out exactly where the best spot is to put your white fluff? It’s good to know how slippery and wet the conditions are.
I figured I'd follow up on this thread, since I did decide to go with a light duty plow for my snow clearing needs. I have it mounted on a Sierra 1500, but there is a mount available for JL & JT.

I've cleared two snowfalls with it so far. One was a light and fluffy 5 inches, and another was a very heavy and wet 2-3"

So far, so good. It's easy to use, I can clear my driveway quickly, while I sit inside my warm truck. I do finish off a few areas around the house and garage with a gas snowblower.

I'm no YouTube guru, but I took a stab at doing a vlog / initial impression video. It might be helpful for anybody considering a light duty plow for home use.

Last edited:

Jameson55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 door
I have a Snowsport 180 for my Sahara. Works with the front and rear receiver. Great for the driveway.
Do you still have the snowsport plow thinking of buying one just not sure how good it will be for my dirt driveway in NH

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I just had an offer accepted on a property with a 290ft driveway, and I imagined that would take an unreasonably long time to clear with a walk behind snowblower. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what my best option is right now. I'm thinking maybe a 20 year old pickup with a plow, or a small tractor with a snow blower attachment.

However, maybe a 30" walk behind unit would not be too bad.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I live in Salt Lake City and we get a ton of snow. I have found an ATV with a plow is pretty fun to ride around on and handles the snow well. I do my drive, the sidewalks and my neighbors drive…

I am sure you could do it with a Jeep…but it’s fun in an ATV.

Stetson.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Do you still have the snowsport plow thinking of buying one just not sure how good it will be for my dirt driveway in NH

Still have it. Not sure how it will do on a dirt driveway. The bottom of the blade is rubber and the way the blade floats it may work. There are a number of reviews where they used it on dirt and gravel driveways with no issues

Jsdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s 2dr
I have had the snow sport with winch lift for three seasons now. The first year I didn't have the lift, but my layout requires me to drive forward where I don't want to plow so I got the lift. It does a great job and doesn't tear up my grass that bad once the frost sets in. The lift also provides some downforce to help scrape. The rubber edge will ride over packed snow,so it is best to clear the driveway before it is driven on.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
not looking forward to plowing my 260+ ft drive way this winter.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.59.25 PM.png
EH, quit yer bitchin'. My driveway is a half mile long. And if it ever snows in Texas, I'm going to have a hell of a time. Or I could wait that half day until it melts.:LOL:

Sponsored

cinnur

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 DR Sport 3.6L 6MT
I went with the Fisher HS 7.2 onto my 2019 JL, just a few months after I purchased in 2019.
I normally only deal with my own challenging NH driveway and it has made the effort so much easier to deal.
Being a 2 door, the short wheel base makes maneuvering an advantage.

If I am out and about with the plow attached and I see someone who appears to need help I will often offer, no charge. My offer is usually turned down.

IMG_2882.jpg

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler JL Snow Plow? 100_0451.JPG

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
My wife and I joked about buying one for my jeep many times.
You could make serious extra income if you did. We live on a mountain and we get dumped on, making it impossible to shovel, and we have to hire a guy to come out and plow the driveway, and they charge like 100 to 200, last time it took a week to get a guy put there to plow, he had too many people on his list.. making thousands a day!
But I wonder, what happens when it's too slick and your jeep just rotates tires when you're trying to push snow?
I've seen plow trucks stuck on icy roads before.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler JL Snow Plow? 20230226_100221
Sponsored