Sponsored

Wrangler JL Rubicon Drive Video

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
So pricing sounds like it'll be announced on the 13th when the drive impression embargos are lifted. Great video. Love seeing all of the details.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Thanks EvoLunatic!

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
They showed the Sport! Interior and exterior, well kind off at the end. lol

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So what we thought was a place for your phone in the cup holder is actually for your keys, and there’s a seperate place for your phone right next to the cup holder. I’m loving it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EvoLunatic

EvoLunatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 9, Golf GTI
I recall seeing a diagram in the presentation video showing a phone sitting in that key slot. Having the key there is such a convenience IMO.

OP
OP
EvoLunatic

EvoLunatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 9, Golf GTI
Does anyone have experience with Jeep lift kits? I'm planning for the 2 inch lift kit that will be used for dune bashing. Is it a soft setup which is preferable for high speed driving on sand?

It's my only option to retain the warranty. I would have preferred the stock ride height but I can compromise on that.

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have experience with Jeep lift kits? I'm planning for the 2 inch lift kit that will be used for dune bashing. Is it a soft setup which is preferable for high speed driving on sand?

It's my only option to retain the warranty. I would have preferred the stock ride height but I can compromise on that.
If youre main intent fr the vehicle is dune bashing, why not go for a 4runner or tacoma? I love Wranglers just as much as the next guy on this forum but their main strength is on the rocks. Its a day and night difference using a 4runner on the dunes vs a wrangler

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
They also showed tan leather with a silver dash. That is what I want and did they say the 2lier won’t be out until spring. . Gotta love the cholla sticking to the tires. I don’t think you’ll see another company letting there vehicle roll around on a rocky course like that

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator

What part of warranty is void if non-Mopar lift is installed? I am often modifying my old 4x4s that is part of the fun for me, so I am wondering how constrained new vehicle owners are in terms of having warranty denial issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP
EvoLunatic

EvoLunatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 9, Golf GTI
If youre main intent fr the vehicle is dune bashing, why not go for a 4runner or tacoma? I love Wranglers just as much as the next guy on this forum but their main strength is on the rocks. Its a day and night difference using a 4runner on the dunes vs a wrangler
My first choice would be a Land Cruiser actually. I've had 3 already and am bored of it. Had a TJ and loved the fun and driving feel in the desert.. Things kept breaking on it but I'm willing to give Jeep another try.

My choice is the 4 door with 2 liter engine and even if I had to choose between the manual or auto, I would go auto. Must be getting old I think ;)

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Why can't he talk about the way it drives? He says something about an embargo, but what does that have to do with it?

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Short-lead press drives are done in waves. The embargo of impressions lets outlets all get their stories together so all the outlets can publish at the same time without any one outlet having an advantage of beating everyone else. Most manufacturers are pretty strict about this stuff. Used to attend these and work closely with that side of the industry and this is a standard practice.

And for the person mentioning about it being a US only press drive, there are some international media attending.

Why can't he talk about the way it drives? He says something about an embargo, but what does that have to do with it?

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Short-lead press drives are done in waves. The embargo of impressions lets outlets all get their stories together so all the outlets can publish at the same time without any one outlet having an advantage of beating everyone else. Most manufacturers are pretty strict about this stuff. Used to attend these and work closely with that side of the industry and this is a standard practice.

And for the person mentioning about it being a US only press drive, there are some international media attending.
Ohh okay thanks. Gotcha. I thought he was talking about "embargo" as a ban on trade or something.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student

Put a 2.5" Teraflex lift on my JKU within 2 months after buying it. Only warranty issue in the 50k miles on my JKU was a rear axle leak that was fixed under warranty with no questions asked.
Sponsored