Wrangler JL plug in hybrid release date

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
And at this rate seems like the Mojave will come out before the phev, if they already have it for the gladiator I imagine there isn’t much work involved to adapt it to the wrangler
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
worth pointing out, while the battery may still be small, it is a hybrid and will likely get way better fuel efficiency. My current daily driver is a Honda Accord Hybrid. If i put it in "full electric" mode, my range is literally 2 miles. But because there is the capacity to regen brake, utilize small amounts of energy to assist with the first few seconds of acceleration, i average about 47mpg while a regular accord might get 37.

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
Via Zoom, four heads of Jeep talk about electrification (starting at 26:30). The Wrangler 4xe PHEV will also be available on the Rubicon.

“The only thing that puts a diesel to shame for torque… is an electric…It was never a compliance vehicle; it’s a better Jeep… the torque is instantaneous; it’s a better Jeep.”

30:15 into this Jeep-hosted Zoom call.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
This thing is suppose to be out already no? You’d think they’d give some teasers out and not this not sense of a phev is coming. We know that.

Bill Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
worth pointing out, while the battery may still be small, it is a hybrid and will likely get way better fuel efficiency. My current daily driver is a Honda Accord Hybrid. If i put it in "full electric" mode, my range is literally 2 miles. But because there is the capacity to regen brake, utilize small amounts of energy to assist with the first few seconds of acceleration, i average about 47mpg while a regular accord might get 37.
Well it is a plug-in hybrid so it will probably do some small range on electric and switch over to gas pretty quickly. I'm thinking like the Volt. The curious part is what is the gas engine going to be.

Sponsored

BMoreJLU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Well it is a plug-in hybrid so it will probably do some small range on electric and switch over to gas pretty quickly. I'm thinking like the Volt. The curious part is what is the gas engine going to be.
I would have to think it would be very similar to the Pacifica PHEV which uses the 3.6L V6 with a 16kWh battery. The hybrid system jumps the combined mpg from 22 mpg (combined) to 30mpg (combined) with an all electric range of about 32 miles.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I’d expect the hybrid will add around 20% to the MPG and have an electric only range of 10-15 miles

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The 2.0T will be the " generator" when needed, the 8 spd auto will have the electric motor as part of its internals.
Range , 32 +- miles, depending on load.
All - electric, with the rapid advances in battery power,recharge rate, and cycle life, here soon, I hope..

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't have anything new to add, but I'm eagerly waiting for the PHEV to be my first jeep! Can't wait to take my first drive hearing nothing but tires!!! Hoping they have a really cool commemorative color to set things off. Bringing a "Conductive Copper" or "Solar Gold". Or even better a two tone paint that shows both the legacy of Jeep's heritage and the future of drivability and FUN!