Hopefully we’re just a week away from
Some kind of update on this. Any idea @JlEngineline
Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Sorry everyone, but I don't know. I can't really say much more than that.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
A bit more. I assume "super module" is the battery and electric motor in a waterproof package, but I am speculating..

https://uaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/56461-UAW-Hourly_rev3.pdf

Toledo Machining Plant

$5 million investment

• Current torque converter will continue
  • Steering columns will continue
  • New Jeep Wrangler (JL) PHEV Super-Module in 2020
  • Potential workforce increase of 25 in 2020 related to (JL)

PHEV

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I wonder how long before it’s in the gladiator, another 20 years?

Sponsored

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Heres the timing on announcement/first showing: Additional information about the Jeep Wrangler, Compass and Renegade 4xe vehicles, which debut this year, will be provided at the Geneva, New York and Beijing auto shows.

CES in Vegas opens January 7th, Geneva opens March 5th so not long to wait!

Press release today:

Jeep® Wrangler, Renegade and Compass 4xe Models
The Jeep brand is utilizing CES to showcase three plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, the first step in the brand’s plan to offer electrification options on all models by 2022. All Jeep electrified vehicles will carry a new “Jeep 4xe badge.”

Electrification, including the upcoming no-compromise Jeep 4xe vehicles, will modernize the Jeep brand as it strives to become the leader in “green” eco-friendly premium technology. Jeep electric vehicles will be the most efficient and responsible Jeep vehicles ever, providing absolute and quiet open-air freedom while taking performance, 4x4 capability and driver confidence to the next level. With greater torque and immediate engine response, Jeep electric vehicles will offer an even more fun-to-drive experience on the road and more capability than ever off the road.

Additional information about the Jeep Wrangler, Compass and Renegade 4xe vehicles, which debut this year, will be provided at the Geneva, New York and Beijing auto shows.

Night Ryder

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 200, Honda Odyssey
New York Auto Show is in April, so they probably won't be on sale until the summer. I wonder if they'll wait and release it as a 2021

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
It had been reported that Jeep would be releasing more details around the PHEV Wrangler at the Geneva Auto Show, which had been scheduled for this week. The Show was just cancelled due to the Swiss government banning large (>1K) gatherings of people in response to the Covid-19 crisis. Wondering how Jeep will pivot - probably best to adapt an online delivery method for marketing as I imagine things will only get worse in the short term so companies would be wise to avoid depending upon events that have large numbers of people gathering together. Here's hoping we see more details released in the next week or two.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I thought it was just “a” auto show not necessarily the Geneva show

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I thought it was just “a” auto show not necessarily the Geneva show
I did write *reported*; I didn't claim that Jeep had made any public releases to that effect. As to who reported, here's just one example (as with anything reported one is left to do their own analysis as to their perception of the reporter and/or publisher's veracity):

As for when the official details will be available, we won't have to wait too long. Jeep confirmed the Wrangler 4xe will debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, with the Compass and Renegade showing up in April, at the New York Auto Show and the Beijing Motor Show, respectively.
Excerpted from a January 2020 CNET piece . . . https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-wrangler-compass-renegade-4xe-plug-in-hybrid-ces-2020/

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I did write *reported*; I didn't claim that Jeep had made any public releases to that effect. As to who reported, here's just one example (as with anything reported one is left to do their own analysis as to their perception of the reporter and/or publisher's veracity):

As for when the official details will be available, we won't have to wait too long. Jeep confirmed the Wrangler 4xe will debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, with the Compass and Renegade showing up in April, at the New York Auto Show and the Beijing Motor Show, respectively.
Excerpted from a January 2020 CNET piece . . . https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-wrangler-compass-renegade-4xe-plug-in-hybrid-ces-2020/
I don't know how popular the Bejing Show will be this year?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These shows are being cancelled, will have to be done via virtual reality, or YouTube..
Covid 19 might crimp new vehicle debuts, the much anticipated Bronco, and this..
Sponsored