Sponsored

Wrangler JL/JLU have drain holes/plugs?

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I am currently looking at ordering a JLU in the near future. Does anyone know if the JLU has the drain holes and plugs that came on the older models? I still want the ability to wash out the Jeep with a hose if and when needed. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I am currently looking at ordering a JLU in the near future. Does anyone know if the JLU has the drain holes and plugs that came on the older models? I still want the ability to wash out the Jeep with a hose if and when needed. Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure they do since the allweather mat comes with a hole that connects directly to em. I’ve read that even the UConnect is « hose cleaning proof » ;)

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Supposedly they are new one way drain valves as advertised on the jeep website.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Pretty sure they do since the allweather mat comes with a hole that connects directly to em. I’ve read that even the UConnect is « hose cleaning proof » ;)
This is a pretty cool addition and new. I’ll post something when I can but basically, in the floor, if you install the slush mats, there is a cut out. Under the cutout is a little door. Remove door, install alushmat, replace door in slushmat. You can drain the thing right through it.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
This is a pretty cool addition and new. I’ll post something when I can but basically, in the floor, if you install the slush mats, there is a cut out. Under the cutout is a little door. Remove door, install alushmat, replace door in slushmat. You can drain the thing right through it.
Does it drain automatically or do you have to pop up the valve?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I guess you could just leave it open though.
According to jeep website:

"The wash-out interior features all-new, one-way drain valves in the floor to let the water flow out but not back in. Just remove the carpet and you can wash out the interior with a hose."

That's why I wondered if they automatically drained or if you had to open them.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
According to jeep website:

"The wash-out interior features all-new, one-way drain valves in the floor to let the water flow out but not back in. Just remove the carpet and you can wash out the interior with a hose."

That's why I wondered if they automatically drained or if you had to open them.

One-way huh?

A272EF86-9CD9-4B6B-BB8A-1661E4040985.jpeg