First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
If comparing apples to apples the Hellcat crate cost is in the middle of the two GM offerings. Not that it's anywhere close to being cheap but remember the $56k is "turn key". All that's required is a person hand over their vehicle. That said, finding a much less expensive low mile Hellcat engine is not hard, as folks have been wrecking them non-stop since they hit showroom floors.

755 hp GM LT5 = $17,915

707 hp Hellcat = $15,990

650 hp GM LT4 = $14,690

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
What’s the mpg? I’m guessing 10. Sounds great, though.
Now that's funny there! :CWL: ~ $100K+, 700 hp, 40" tires, Dana 60s, ....fuel mileage... What a sense of humor. LOL. :rock:

All kidding aside, i can afford to have one of these built, but just don't see the point for me. Reminds me of some Ed Roth stiff.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
If comparing apples to apples the Hellcat crate cost is in the middle of the two GM offerings. Not that it's anywhere close to being cheap but remember the $56k is "turn key". All that's required is a person hand over their vehicle. That said, finding a much less expensive low mile Hellcat engine is not hard, as folks have been wrecking them non-stop since they hit showroom floors.

755 hp GM LT5 = $17,915

707 hp Hellcat = $15,990

650 hp GM LT4 = $14,690
Yeah, and if your happy with 'just' the 5.7L HEMI at 400Hp it's a bargain at $5600 for the crate engine.

Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Because that’s the correct answer!
Dakota Customs is owned By Dan who used to run Burnsville Offroad. They were one of the first (if not the first) to do Hemi JK swaps and probably have done more swaps than any other shop out there. I would say that Dakota most certainly designed their own kit based on that fact.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Dakota Customs is owned By Dan who used to run Burnsville Offroad. They were one of the first (if not the first) to do Hemi JK swaps and probably have done more swaps than any other shop out there. I would say that Dakota most certainly designed their own kit based on that fact.

Well this isn’t about jk’s... it’s a JL forum right. You are getting all feisty for nothing.

Fact, only one company has the trans to t case adapter, fact only one company has the software to make the computers communicate.

Nobody said anything negative about DC, I simply stated go to source AMW and purchase there.
Sponsored