Sponsored

Wrangler JL 3.6L Tuning Now Available from Superchips

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Hello Superchips @Superchips JL !
I've been looking at your F5 Flashpaq for the 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler. I was wondering if this tuner will fix the below problem I've been having......
My 2 month old 2019 Rubicon (3,500 miles) is having issues in the 40 - 45 mph range. It kind of shakes, sputters, kind of skips in that range.......whatever you want to call it. I cant comfortable leave it at 41 - 43 mph in 3rd. 4th is acceptable and doesn't do it as bad but 3rd is not good. I have a manual transmission so not sure why it would do this. Couple of others on here with manuals have had the same experience so I’m not the only one. Automatic would be understandable as I have had a few friends have their jeeps in for issues with their automatic transmissions. If I take off pretty normal and go all the way up to 50-60 mph with no hesitation no issues at all. But most of the time I get behind someone doing exactly 40-45 mph which causes my Rubicon to jerk right around 42, shake or run rough. It's at the proper shift points so that's not the issue. I have had manuals my whole life (2017 Manual JK Sahara before this)so I know how to drive them. It just doesn't run right in the 40-45 mph range. Hums and runs like a tank on the highway 70-80 mph. Perfect from 1-35mph and 50-80mph. 40-45 in 3rd just seems to struggle to run smoothly. Went to the dealership twice and had them hook up my Rubicon to their computer and scan for any codes. Sat there with him and watched as nothing came up and everything is normal. No codes came up. So I took a sport on the lot for a test drive and it did it exactly at 45 mph in 3rd gear. Probably cuz the gearing is different between the Rubi and the Sport. The oem tune I think is too lean. Only thing I can think of. Other than that it’s pretty cool but just get irritated at 42mph.
Thank you for any information you could give me.

Ronnie
Sponsored

Rosco1983

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Is there going to be tunes that work with intake and cat back exhaust?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Is there going to be tunes that work with intake and cat back exhaust?
We do plan to offer tunes for the new JL CAI units we will be offering shortly. Catbacks should not require any tune changes.

Hello Superchips @Superchips JL !
I've been looking at your F5 Flashpaq for the 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler. I was wondering if this tuner will fix the below problem I've been having......
My 2 month old 2019 Rubicon (3,500 miles) is having issues in the 40 - 45 mph range. It kind of shakes, sputters, kind of skips in that range.......whatever you want to call it. I cant comfortable leave it at 41 - 43 mph in 3rd. 4th is acceptable and doesn't do it as bad but 3rd is not good. I have a manual transmission so not sure why it would do this. Couple of others on here with manuals have had the same experience so I’m not the only one. Automatic would be understandable as I have had a few friends have their jeeps in for issues with their automatic transmissions. If I take off pretty normal and go all the way up to 50-60 mph with no hesitation no issues at all. But most of the time I get behind someone doing exactly 40-45 mph which causes my Rubicon to jerk right around 42, shake or run rough. It's at the proper shift points so that's not the issue. I have had manuals my whole life (2017 Manual JK Sahara before this)so I know how to drive them. It just doesn't run right in the 40-45 mph range. Hums and runs like a tank on the highway 70-80 mph. Perfect from 1-35mph and 50-80mph. 40-45 in 3rd just seems to struggle to run smoothly. Went to the dealership twice and had them hook up my Rubicon to their computer and scan for any codes. Sat there with him and watched as nothing came up and everything is normal. No codes came up. So I took a sport on the lot for a test drive and it did it exactly at 45 mph in 3rd gear. Probably cuz the gearing is different between the Rubi and the Sport. The oem tune I think is too lean. Only thing I can think of. Other than that it’s pretty cool but just get irritated at 42mph.
Thank you for any information you could give me.

Ronnie
I can't think of anything tune related that would affect this. If you can shift to 4th and the issue goes away, it would seem to be rpm related. Can you replicate it at a similar rpm in another gear?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Superchips JL were both the base dyno run and chipped run using 93 octane, or just the chipped run?
Still also hoping to see a 91 octane version for Californians. Thanks!
Yes, both pulls were on 93. No games here :)

Unfortunately we don't have access to 91 here in Florida. We do have access to it at our Utah HQ, but, its at elevation which often produces less than stellar numbers, and I'd hate to post a 91 chart with a big delta to the 93 power numbers we see at Sea Level...

Thanks

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
We do plan to offer tunes for the new JL CAI units we will be offering shortly. Catbacks should not require any tune changes.

I can't think of anything tune related that would affect this. If you can shift to 4th and the issue goes away, it would seem to be rpm related. Can you replicate it at a similar rpm in another gear?
Yes it’ll still do it in 4th gear too. Only way to workaround fix it is run 2nd gear all the way to 40mph then shift to 3rd. Then it doesn’t do it.

Sponsored

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
I installed the flash cal for my 2018 jlur. It wiped out my camera, screwed up the auto start and ruined my light control. Went to dealer to redo my cpu and that fixed it all. They made me uninstall before they could do anything. Everything but the lights are working now and no dash warning lights anymore. What it did do was accommodate for 5.13s and 37s. That’s my experience with it. I returned it for a full refund. I’ll stick to dealer making any cpu changes. Just sharing

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I have flashpaq installed one my JL had it for about 3 months, no issues.

Is there a release date for a CAI tune update?

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
@Superchips JL I just purchased a F5 for my rubicon and on the box it says lockers in 4H. Looking through the menu, I don’t see an option for this...am I missing something or is it still in the works?

TIA

Kevin

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happen to have a dyno chart for a Jeep 392???

I'd like to squeeze out a little more torque & horsepower if I could.

Thanks in advance :)
We have one scheduled for tune development next week if all goes as planned ;)

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Still working on it?

Does the latest version of the tune still do all the things claimed in the initial post, including eliminating auto-park?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just working through some internal builds, etc. Tunes are done, tested, and ready for release any day now. All existing features and options will carry-over.

Thanks
Sponsored