Wrangler JL 3.6L Tuning Now Available from Superchips

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara born on 5-18; 1999 TJ 2 Dr
One issue with non Rubicon JL’s is no torque at 1500 rpm in 8th gear at 65 mph on non standard 33 inch tires. The standard final drive ratio verses the Rubicon makes it downshift to 7th gear, gas mileage suffers greatly. Is there anyway to get more power that low in the RPM band to make it match the standard 32 inch tire performance?
Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Okay potential dumb question. I've never had a jeep or these chip mods. Does it mean you can use the lockers on a rubi at will and not only in 4L but also 4H?

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
One issue with non Rubicon JL’s is no torque at 1500 rpm in 8th gear at 65 mph on non standard 33 inch tires. The standard final drive ratio verses the Rubicon makes it downshift to 7th gear, gas mileage suffers greatly. Is there anyway to get more power that low in the RPM band to make it match the standard 32 inch tire performance?
yea install 4.10's....

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Excellent hp and torque gains. No chances of hiding your PCM mod; kiss your engine and drive train warranty goodbye.

What worries me is the brand new Aisin 6 speed and associated clutch. We will be the first enthusiasts to test out the durability of this unknown drivetrain with the increased torque.

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Any bump in MPG with this tune?

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent hp and torque gains. No chances of hiding your PCM mod; kiss your engine and drive train warranty goodbye.

What worries me is the brand new Aisin 6 speed and associated clutch. We will be the first enthusiasts to test out the durability of this unknown drivetrain with the increased torque.
20 extra horsepower will not do anything to a stock clutch. 100 hp and 100 more torque might if you dump the clutch all the time at stoplights....

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does this tuner just flash the pcm for the engine tune portion? Does it need to be plugged in to work as far as the engine tune? I know for some of the other features like line lock it does...

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
20 extra horsepower will not do anything to a stock clutch. 100 hp and 100 more torque might if you dump the clutch all the time at stoplights....
Yes I agree with you on even the max 37 lb-ft torque this tune has; is not a huge difference. I’m concerned with the overall durability of this brand new transmission and clutch even with the stock tune. Once you modify your PCM your warranty is gone. Your clutch could explode at any time even when stock; nobody knows anything about this new 6 speed manual drivetrain. Maybe it’s fine maybe it’s not, once your warranty is void; you’re on your own.

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
Curious to know if this tune sharpens throttle response and gets rid of the ever annoying rev hang ?

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
"Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Are you working on an economy tune at some point for those of us wanting to get a little better MPG?

If I got a traildash now, do I have to pay for these tune upgrades?

I had your traildash in my JKUR 10A and loved it! Thanks for you time and
We encourage people to try our performance tune and gauge fuel economy. You may be surprised. There is an 87 tow tune on these devices that does include economy tuning. If you have a TD2 now you would need a module to tune your 18 JL. You can give us a call and we will give you all the details. 888.227.2447

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I really want to see the dyno charts for 87 and 91, plus hear more about the various options for the 87 octane (tow, Econo..etc).

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Does this tuner just flash the pcm for the engine tune portion? Does it need to be plugged in to work as far as the engine tune? I know for some of the other features like line lock it does...
Our Flashpaq flash tunes the PCM and then you can put it away. The TrailDash2 will remaing plugged in to broadcast real-time data and also give you quick features and the option to engage things like your aftermarket LEDs, using our EAS Power Switch.

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Any bump in MPG with this tune?
There certainly can be. Lots of this is contingent on your right foot and driving patterns, but we've had customers claim anywhere from +1 to + MPGs.

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Do you expect this tune to work with the upcoming 3.6L + BSG? Or would that require a different tune given the additional system?
This will likely require additional development and research (separate tuning). We will keep you posted
Sponsored