Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked-up vehicle on the market. See the iSee research report ranking below.

The average Jeep buyer is paying a markup above MSRP that is over 20% for Jeep Wranglers. They must not be on any Jeep Forums. Using Miracle CJDR in Gallatin Tennessee I ended up paying 12% under MSRP for my 2023 Rubicon. I was price protected from any price increase and my Jeep went up a couple thousand dollars on the final sticker price and that made my 6 - 7% under invoice/10% under MSRP go up to 12% under MSRP. It seems like everybody on the Forum gets a price at least 1% below invoice. The dealers that are getting 20+ % markup are really taking advantage of buyers. This Forum is a real money saver...

These 10 Cars Are Priced the Highest Above MSRP

Consumers looking to avoid price hikes will want to steer clear of these 10 models, which are priced between 20 and 27 percent above MSRP.​
ā€œAll but two of these high-priced models are luxury vehicles, reflecting the ongoing confidence and willingness of luxury buyers to spend whatever it takes to get the vehicle they want,ā€ said Brauer. The two non-luxury vehicles are the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, SUVs with consistently high demand and passionate buyers.​
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 3.27.09 PM.jpg
Because that is what people are willing to pay. I suppose it's the same reason someone was recently willing to pay $63,000 for the original iPhone that sold for $600.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Because that is what people are willing to pay. I suppose it's the same reason someone was recently willing to pay $63,000 for the original iPhone that sold for $600.
A friends parents had an original first edition phone in their old San Francisco home. After the phone repairman (different issue) left the antique phone was gone. They called the phone company and angrily reported the theft. Reply ā€œ it was phone company propertyā€. šŸ¤¬
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! 78F20BC2-18E3-4C66-9572-C8DC512A50B5
You couldnā€™t call out but it still received

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
There are lots of JLU's and 4xe's in stock at dealers in my area. When I looked at various dealers inventory, it seemed like most were the higher (price) trim levels but there were a few Sport and Sport S's mixed in. I bought a 4xe but it wasn't too difficult to get quotes under invoice, before any cash incentives or the tax credit.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I love this.... in this stock market I was in early.......for once.

ek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Private
I believe Jeeps are over priced. But the wife wanted one so she got one, then she got another one.
It has alot to do with supply and demand. Look how hard 392's are to get.
There are over 700,000 Rubicons driving around in the United States, and thats just Rubicons.
Yup. 392's are hard to get :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! 1679187905417

I ordered mine in July 2022. After 6 months of D status, I started looking at buying one off a lot. There were about 250 of them for sale back in December 2022. 90% of dealers I spoke to were willing to sell at MSRP and about 40% of them were willing to sell a few grand below, especially on those $90K MSRP builds. Unfortunately I was unable to find one with options I want, so I just waited for my order to be delivered.

I'd say they are as hard to get as doing a few Internet searches, clicking a few buttons and exchanging some emails with dealers.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I love it also. The more other goofs are paying, the longer mine stays in positive resale territory, not that I have any intention of selling her.

Like many of you, I took advantage of Gupton's deal.

KBB currently shows my PP range from $41,600-$44,900, average $43,200, so significantly more than I paid.

Our local dealers are still very thin on inventory, so my guess is one could easily approach the higher number.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Our local CDJR dealer has many Rams, JT trucks, Cherokees, and other Jeeps but only 1 Wrangler and it's a Sahara. I think that inventory that's sitting on many Jeep lots aren't consisting of many JLs or JLUs.

And yeah, many buyers don't do much research and have heard that these upcharges are just normal now, so they just take the bait and get hosed :(

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Some have more money, then they know what to do with it. So that type person will buy whatever he/she wants. As for the rest of the buyers, no commentā€¦..

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
they took the average MSRP for the trim levels offered. This is misleading info. It does not suggest people are paying over MSRP, It reflects that people are buying the higher trim levels. The devil is in the details.
That's what it sounds like to me. Wranglers have a wide range of MSRP on the trim levels, and shitloads of options. I'd guess they just saying "sport is x, rubi is y, Sahara is z, so average MSRP is x+y+z/3. Then 90% of wranglers have an automatic and a hard top so they're automatically $4,000 "over MSRP" for their trim level.

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
I bought my Rubi 4xe in Huntington Beach, CA and even with the ridiculous prices in So Cal, I got mine for 6% under MSRP BEFORE the federal tax credit and state credit AND I broke even on my trade, a 1.5 year old RAM 1500 (no negative equity BS). There are plenty of Jeeps of all sorts around So Cal and only the 392's have a mark-up. Unfortunately, there's a plethora of rich guys who want the baddest Jeep out there and don't care about mark-ups. Same goes for the TRX's. SMH.

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
That is not how MSRP works, MSRP includes Base price + options(if so equipped) for that vehicle. Over MSRP is what the dealer is selling the vehicle for.

Included images

1. Shows the dealer list price of $102,445, I'm unclear if the dealer added equipment like expensive chrome šŸ’© to get it to that price, or if it's just straight up markup over the MSRP, either way it's mark up, and it's up to the customer if they want to pay that price.

Image 2 the Monroney label, this shows exactly what is the MSRP - $87,445

The dealer mark up over MSRP here is $15,000.

Dealers are notorious for added šŸ’© to Wranglers, and that help to drive up the price well above the MSRP.

Dealers are not obligated to sell at or less than MSRP, I find emailing around gets a good deal vs walking into a dealership.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! Screenshot_20230321-010341

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! Screenshot_20230321-010452

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeeps have been sitting 120+ days on dealer lots. With interest rates being what they are, CDJR dealers are going to start getting desperate to unload them. Itā€™s only a matter of time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! Screenshot_20230321-010452
I wonder the numbers for Wranglers and Gladiators specifically?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

On the topic of paying ā€˜stickerā€™ or a certain amount above or below MSRPā€¦ stop thinking that way. It is simpleā€¦ the market decides the price. The price is ā€˜setā€™ and then supply/demand kicks in. MSRP is a starting point.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I always stick to dealer invoice prices.

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
A rather ridiculous post. Whining about a vehicle thinking it's overpriced. They all are, considering the profit auto manufacturers make. Antiques are overpriced, high quality meats are overpriced, fine restaurants are overpriced, fancy hotels are overpriced, lake property is overpriced. Either you can or can't afford what you want. Buying something that is overpriced, then complaining about it is rather redundant. You only live once. My 2023 Sport Altitude was the most I ever paid for a new vehicle. Overpriced? Yes, but I'm not whining about it. I wanted one and now have one. Buy the damn Jeep! When you're lying on your death bed someday, you will regret not buying that overpriced Jeep in 2023.
Sponsored