Sponsored

EuroSVT

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2023 Wrangler Sport
My bone stock, single option 23' Sport was $1,000 under MSRP...and I got a sweet trade in amount before the used market started to nosedive
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Interesting. The only mark ups around here are Fords, and Toyotas. Wranglers donā€™t sit on the lot longer then a week or two but the Gladiators do, so I think that is whatā€™s reflected in the sit times in the chart.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Jeeps have been sitting 120+ days on dealer lots. With interest rates being what they are, CDJR dealers are going to start getting desperate to unload them. Itā€™s only a matter of time.

762FB38C-8E42-48FB-95ED-37D51D39E437.jpeg
Dealerships here have a bunch of inventory that hasn't moved for months, yet their websites keep pushing typical marketing jargon that says "This is going to sell soon!"

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked-up vehicle on the market. See the iSee research report ranking below.

The average Jeep buyer is paying a markup above MSRP that is over 20% for Jeep Wranglers. They must not be on any Jeep Forums. Using Miracle CJDR in Gallatin Tennessee I ended up paying 12% under MSRP for my 2023 Rubicon. I was price protected from any price increase and my Jeep went up a couple thousand dollars on the final sticker price and that made my 6 - 7% under invoice/10% under MSRP go up to 12% under MSRP. It seems like everybody on the Forum gets a price at least 1% below invoice. The dealers that are getting 20+ % markup are really taking advantage of buyers. This Forum is a real money saver...

These 10 Cars Are Priced the Highest Above MSRP

Consumers looking to avoid price hikes will want to steer clear of these 10 models, which are priced between 20 and 27 percent above MSRP.​
ā€œAll but two of these high-priced models are luxury vehicles, reflecting the ongoing confidence and willingness of luxury buyers to spend whatever it takes to get the vehicle they want,ā€ said Brauer. The two non-luxury vehicles are the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, SUVs with consistently high demand and passionate buyers.​
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 3.27.09 PM.jpg
they took the average MSRP for the trim levels offered. This is misleading info. It does not suggest people are paying over MSRP, It reflects that people are buying the higher trim levels. The devil is in the details.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm not believing the list. Not a single Ford and they are always the worst. And a Hyundai is the #1 most marked up? You go to the Hyundai dealer because you're cheap, not because you're looking to pay a ton for a status symbol ;)

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked-up vehicle on the market. See the iSee research report ranking below.

The average Jeep buyer is paying a markup above MSRP that is over 20% for Jeep Wranglers. They must not be on any Jeep Forums. Using Miracle CJDR in Gallatin Tennessee I ended up paying 12% under MSRP for my 2023 Rubicon. I was price protected from any price increase and my Jeep went up a couple thousand dollars on the final sticker price and that made my 6 - 7% under invoice/10% under MSRP go up to 12% under MSRP. It seems like everybody on the Forum gets a price at least 1% below invoice. The dealers that are getting 20+ % markup are really taking advantage of buyers. This Forum is a real money saver...

These 10 Cars Are Priced the Highest Above MSRP

Consumers looking to avoid price hikes will want to steer clear of these 10 models, which are priced between 20 and 27 percent above MSRP.​
ā€œAll but two of these high-priced models are luxury vehicles, reflecting the ongoing confidence and willingness of luxury buyers to spend whatever it takes to get the vehicle they want,ā€ said Brauer. The two non-luxury vehicles are the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, SUVs with consistently high demand and passionate buyers.​
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 3.27.09 PM.jpg
I think this is Phony BS. I recently bought a JLR and am now shopping for a JTR for the wife.

I don't mince words: I offer Invoice +. any incentives I qualify for. Usually the bounce back is OK, $500 over invoice? Sure I can do that! We have yet find the right JTR for my wife but been to 2 dealers and I don't know who orders these things but my wife considers the front facing camera essintial...

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
And then there are the dealer ā€œmoddedā€ Jeeps, complete with $3k worth of lift and tires, plus paint protection that are offered for only $19k more than the stickeršŸ™„. The naĆÆvetĆ© of people never ceases to amaze me.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Jeeps have been sitting 120+ days on dealer lots. With interest rates being what they are, CDJR dealers are going to start getting desperate to unload them. Itā€™s only a matter of time.

762FB38C-8E42-48FB-95ED-37D51D39E437.jpeg
3 Months ago my local dealer (large size) was pretty bare. Today there is a glut and nothing is moving. Well actually the price and finance charge are moving....up that is. A GM/Buick Dealer a mile away, same thing....I couldn't believe how many vehicles they had sitting there on my way home last night. Your right, rebates and deals are coming...in a big way!

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And then there are the dealer ā€œmoddedā€ Jeeps, complete with $3k worth of lift and tires, plus paint protection that are offered for only $19k more than the stickeršŸ™„. The naĆÆvetĆ© of people never ceases to amaze me.
I would bet its that BS is NOT on the window sticker, but the silly other Dealer Mods.

I look the dealer in eye and tell them: "You have added crap to what may be my car without my permission, I will not pay you a dime for your add-on mods. If that is a problem, then its gonna be YOUR problem, see you latger bye!"

I had a friend back in Dallas and he sold and installed much of the crap you see on the fake sticker. Lifetime Seat Wax, Paint Protection and crap like that. Delaer pays him anywhere from $50 to $+ depending upon what they get from him. The dealer then marks it up as much as they want.

He does very well in that business.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
An interesting thing, I think, is this applies to the two-door. I've heard arguments, for the others on the list, that they make the list because people want these vehicles bad enough to pay more. When applied to the JL, the argument changes to it's a niche vehicle, or a second/third vehicle, it's a toy. I think though that the bottom line is there is a want to own a two-door Wrangler such that people will pay a premium, more of a premium, than other vehicles. If you think the two-door is going away....well, maybe, but until it does dealers are selling them for more than other vehicles (over MSRP) because people want the two-door. If Stellantis wants to raise the price, this shows people will pay it.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have to push the BS button on this one.

20% as an isolated incident maybe, but 20% on average, no way.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I would bet its that BS is NOT on the window sticker, but the silly other Dealer Mods.

I look the dealer in eye and tell them: "You have added crap to what may be my car without my permission, I will not pay you a dime for your add-on mods. If that is a problem, then its gonna be YOUR problem, see you latger bye!"

I had a friend back in Dallas and he sold and installed much of the crap you see on the fake sticker. Lifetime Seat Wax, Paint Protection and crap like that. Delaer pays him anywhere from $50 to $+ depending upon what they get from him. The dealer then marks it up as much as they want.

Dealer even tried polish and nitrogen on my ordered one. Spotted the BS when signing papers. I had to repeat ā€œI didnā€™t request it and you didnā€™t askā€ three times before he said ā€œIā€™ll take it offā€ šŸ˜–

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dealer even tried polish and nitrogen on my ordered one. Spotted the BS when signing papers. I had to repeat ā€œI didnā€™t request it and you didnā€™t askā€ three times before he said ā€œIā€™ll take it offā€ šŸ˜–
Typical!

Nitrogen < I love this.

Nitrogen in Tires $270

$270 for you to put Nitrogen in my tires?

Yes its better

Ok, do you know what % of Nitrogen is in the air we breath?

No!

Approx 78%, so 78% of the air I put in my tire is already Nitrogen. NOW TAKE IT OFF!

Yes Sir!

done this many times

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Typical!

Nitrogen < I love this.

Nitrogen in Tires $270

$270 for you to put Nitrogen in my tires?

Yes its better

Ok, do you know what % of Nitrogen is in the air we breath?

No!

Approx 78%, so 78% of the air I put in my tire is already Nitrogen. NOW TAKE IT OFF!

Yes Sir!

done this many times
His excuse was ā€œthey didnā€™t know it was ordered, just grabbed it off the truck and polished it, nitrogenā€ ā€¦ā€¦..ā€ so you charge me for their mistakeā€. But otherwise good buying experience. You still have to keep your eye on the better onesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..also, while waiting for service I checked the lot, all Wranglers and Glads regardless of trim have a $4995 mark up, with the exception of the Sold 392 XR-$19,995

Last edited:

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)

Neighbor lady got took by a nearby dealer. Her new Jeep JLU ā€œSā€ came with an aftermarket lift, wheels, bigger tires, aftermarket bumpers etc. She bought it off the showroom floor, no test drive, no nothing. She was like 19,995 OVER msrp. The parts were aftermarket junk -bumpers were visibly rusting at 3 months. Jeep rode like crap and handled awful. Coming from a Range Rover-she hated it. Was a very unhappy customer. That Jeep was traded for a new Telluride (which she loves) after 6 months. Hate to even imagine the bath she took on thatšŸ™„
Sponsored