Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked-up vehicle on the market. See the iSee research report ranking below.

The average Jeep buyer is paying a markup above MSRP that is over 20% for Jeep Wranglers. They must not be on any Jeep Forums. Using Miracle CJDR in Gallatin Tennessee I ended up paying 12% under MSRP for my 2023 Rubicon. I was price protected from any price increase and my Jeep went up a couple thousand dollars on the final sticker price and that made my 6 - 7% under invoice/10% under MSRP go up to 12% under MSRP. It seems like everybody on the Forum gets a price at least 1% below invoice. The dealers that are getting 20+ % markup are really taking advantage of buyers. This Forum is a real money saver...

These 10 Cars Are Priced the Highest Above MSRP

Consumers looking to avoid price hikes will want to steer clear of these 10 models, which are priced between 20 and 27 percent above MSRP.​
ā€œAll but two of these high-priced models are luxury vehicles, reflecting the ongoing confidence and willingness of luxury buyers to spend whatever it takes to get the vehicle they want,ā€ said Brauer. The two non-luxury vehicles are the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, SUVs with consistently high demand and passionate buyers.​
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 3.27.09 PM
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Convenience has a price, and people are willing to pay it. Just walk in, pick, and drive off.
Iā€™ll also paraphrase something. A bubble happens in a market when people think something is an investment they donā€™t expect to lose value. COVID got people used to getting lots of money for trade-ins. If someone expects to be able to get what they paid for a vehicle after driving it 12-18 months, maybe they donā€™t care how much it costs? Kind of like houses in 2007.
Also, some people are forced into a fast purchase because their previous vehicle got wrecked.
Just thoughts, people arenā€™t illogical. That doesnā€™t make them right, but they do things for rational reasons.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Stupid is as stupid does. You pay sticker and youā€™re being hosed. You pay over stick andā€¦ā€¦. Back in the day, when vehicles were a Fraction of todays costs, it was always said that when you drove it off the lot you lost $1k ( and that was when vehicles SOLD new for $4-$5kšŸ˜³). Pay over sticker for ANY vehicle and you are seriously into negative equity the moment you take delivery. Iā€™m amazed that anybodyā€™ll even finances such a deal (but hey, Iā€™m old. I still remember having $20, filling up the Chevy, taking the girlfriend of the moment for dinner and a movie and still having a couple bucks left when I got home. Now $20 wonā€™t get two of you into a movie šŸ™„)

Sponsored

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
While I donā€™t disagree that the wrangler is way up there - I bet part of it is their data source. I used to work for a competitor of theirs, and we got new car sales data. Part of my job was getting data for PR blurbs like this. The new car sales data that we got (which is readily available to Iseecars as well) did not play nicely with options. Not every row reported the options amount - so you had no idea if the sale was truly over MSRP or if they just had a ton of stuff tacked on to their order. We had to do a lot of work to try to clean the data source. Since wranglers tend to have a lot of add ons, that might be falsely inflating the percent over MSRP.

That said - they certainly have the bullshit ā€œmarket price adjustmentā€ on the lots Iā€™ve seen, but they were typically $1-3k in my area on a $50000 trim

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
SMH. Do such dealers really believe that the five dollars that separates a $29,995.00 ADM from $30K fools anyone?

Or perhaps it does, vis-a-vis the professors who willingly pay such markups. šŸ¤”

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
While I donā€™t disagree that the wrangler is way up there - I bet part of it is their data source. I used to work for a competitor of theirs, and we got new car sales data. Part of my job was getting data for PR blurbs like this. The new car sales data that we got (which is readily available to Iseecars as well) did not play nicely with options. Not every row reported the options amount - so you had no idea if the sale was truly over MSRP or if they just had a ton of stuff tacked on to their order. We had to do a lot of work to try to clean the data source. Since wranglers tend to have a lot of add ons, that might be falsely inflating the percent over MSRP.

That said - they certainly have the bullshit ā€œmarket price adjustmentā€ on the lots Iā€™ve seen, but they were typically $1-3k in my area on a $50000 trim
Same dealer as previous postā€” 392 XR- $19,995 markup ā€”SOLD ā€œ rich kid from out of town bought itā€ per service writer

Good jeep

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired
I believe Jeeps are over priced. But the wife wanted one so she got one, then she got another one.
It has alot to do with supply and demand. Look how hard 392's are to get.
There are over 700,000 Rubicons driving around in the United States, and thats just Rubicons.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

All Toyota's are here but not Jeeps.

More importantly what CLOWN thinks Wrangler MSRP average is 35k? I don't believe that, so few Sport base ever on markets.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps have been sitting 120+ days on dealer lots. With interest rates being what they are, CDJR dealers are going to start getting desperate to unload them. Itā€™s only a matter of time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler is currently #2 most price marked up (over msrp) new vehicle on the market. How can people be paying this much! 762FB38C-8E42-48FB-95ED-37D51D39E437

suzzeee

First Name
Susana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buying Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I bought a 2023 Sahara 4xe nicely loaded 5 weeks ago and paid under msrp. I also had 2 other deals working for under msrp. I do have a ton of Jeep dealers in my area to pick from. A few dealers had big markups ā€¦one had a $14k markup on the window even but when I raised my eyebrows he said that could go away:).
Sponsored