Sponsored

WelderJay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
A quadriplegic cannot drive with hand controls...

and it doesn't matter what disabilities someone may have, stupid is stupid.
I know the owner of this truck. He is quad, he has limited range of motion in his upper half.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's why we have the word accident. The worst part is everyone assumes they were trying to do burnouts and wrecked, but no one knows why he had to be driven in his own truck by someone that didn't have practice using the controls.

I know if you saw what this man was physically cable of most people would be amazed. Not only is he one of the most positive people I know he is an amazing machinist and engineer, he gives back to the community and to other people in wheelchairs. He has a nice built CJ with hand controls and takes the Taco out pre-running.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mwilk012
@WelderJay

Most people without a medical background, assume a "Quadriplegic" (Quad) has absolutely no use of his/her arms....of there upper body.

The non-medical person assumes if a guy/gal can drive a car, lets say, they are not a Quadriplegic, but rather a paraplegic. (Para)

Fact is sometimes, (not usually though) a person with quadriplegia, has no control of their hand movements., cannot grasp things, cannot, make hand motions/gestures...... but sometimes the Quad, can indeed move their arms in general, and can be set-up with an arm controlled vehicle, that they are indeed able to drive. So, yes a Quad can drive but very unusual to have a Quad driving... Of course many Para's do drive..

Also.... Control set-up in a vehicle for a Quad, is way way different then controls in a vehicle for a Para.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I know the owner of this truck. He is quad, he has limited range of motion in his upper half.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's why we have the word accident. The worst part is everyone assumes they were trying to do burnouts and wrecked, but no one knows why he had to be driven in his own truck by someone that didn't have practice using the controls.

I know if you saw what this man was physically cable of most people would be amazed. Not only is he one of the most positive people I know he is an amazing machinist and engineer, he gives back to the community and to other people in wheelchairs. He has a nice built CJ with hand controls and takes the Taco out pre-running.
Great! However, my reply has absolutely nothing to do with the owner's disabilities.

WelderJay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Great! However, my reply has absolutely nothing to do with the owner's disabilities.
Considering someone else mentioned the truck was equipped with hand controls it could easily been interpreted that way.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Considering someone else mentioned the truck was equipped with hand controls it could easily been interpreted that way.
Not when that was mentioned after my reply.

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Spoiler alert , more fake news.
Looks like made up bullshit, they are not even in a moving traffic lane.
The cars in front of them have the green light and no cars in front of them are going.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Spoiler alert , more fake news.
Looks like made up bullshit, they are not even in a moving traffic lane.
The cars in front of them have the green light and no cars in front of them are going.
The only bullshit here is that you didn't bother reading the replies here. Its not staged LOL.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Man I just finally read this thread. I hope everyone, cops, jeepers and the guys in the taco are all ok. Maybe the revving wasnt an accident but clearly sounds like the hand pedals likely complicated things. Also I hope the wheelchair in the truck bed wasn't damaged.

sknyfats

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Willys 2 Door
Watched the video, read the posts. The people in the truck were trying to show off for the drone or Osmo or whatever type of camera was being pointed at them. Their faces and actions in the cab make it pretty clear - both driver and passenger. They screwed up. It’s funny.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
People playing with cars as if they are toys usually get into trouble.