Sponsored

LouisCameron

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Just saw this floating on the web from a couple nights ago, not a JL but there is a Wranger involved. Yikes! Tacoma driver's got some explainin' to do. Best part is the person that yells out "sounds like a Prius" right before impact.

This cruise night was in San Louis Obispo, California, and this incident involves a modded Toyota Tacoma, a Jeep Wrangler, a pair of cops on motorcycles, and what looks like someone briefly forgetting how driving works:

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Just saw this floating on the web from a couple nights ago, not a JL but there is a Wranger involved. Yikes! Tacoma driver's got some explainin' to do. Best part is the person that yells out "sounds like a Prius" right before impact.

This cruise night was in San Louis Obispo, California, and this incident involves a modded Toyota Tacoma, a Jeep Wrangler, a pair of cops on motorcycles, and what looks like someone briefly forgetting how driving works:

The truck is owned by a quadriplegic and the truck is operated by using hand controls. Someone else was driving the truck during this. Yes funny, until you know the facts. Crummy situation for sure.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
“Sounds like a Prius” :LOL:
Talk about the worst luck ever.
I will be in SLO this weekend :like:

Sponsored

coyle996

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Ordered 11/12)
The truck is owned by a quadriplegic and the truck is operated by using hand controls. Someone else was driving the truck during this. Yes funny, until you know the facts. Crummy situation for sure.
still funny even with the facts. both people in the taco made bad decisions and deserve what they get.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When you are driving someone's rig setup with hand controls and you are not used to it, stuff like this can happen, I think the guy was just doing what the truck owner was telling him and lost control. So he wanted to rev and it and show off, I am guessing that Cop felt like a dick after telling the guy to get out and opening the door that he physically could not. End of the day the bikes barely got touched and the wrangler probably got some scratches.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The cops did not see it happening. I think the cop thought it was the Wrangler driver who was at fault at first? It looked like the passenger in the Wrangler had to explain to the cop the Toyota behind them pushed them into the bikes? Good thing there was clear video of the incident. For the Wrangler driver anyway. Not so much for the Taco driver. Like Lucy used to say…The Taco driver has some splannning to do. Thankfully no one was hurt. Could have been a lot worse.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wanna bet the cops were happy to write up this accident report, unlike a normal one.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Odd since the video looks staged. Hand controls are actually nice. BIL lost his legs in Vietnam and I've driven his Durango many times just using the hand control. Hydraulic and easy to use.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
That video doesn’t look staged to me and from what you guys are writing about hand controls it now makes sense.
First, why would somebody even do that.

Second, the cop thought it was the Wrangler and the passenger was pointing behind her.

Third, after the cop said “get out” he just stood there meaning someone was either disabled or very apologetic. Had that been a “smart ass” believe me he’d have been pulling people out onto the street. (And I wouldn’t have blamed him).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That video doesn’t look staged to me and from what you guys are writing about hand controls it now makes sense.
First, why would somebody even do that.

Second, the cop thought it was the Wrangler and the passenger was pointing behind her.

Third, after the cop said “get out” he just stood there meaning someone was either disabled or very apologetic. Had that been a “smart ass” believe me he’d have been pulling people out onto the street. (And I wouldn’t have blamed him).
I agree, I do not think this was a staged video. I think the guy videoing when he did was coincidental.

People do stage videos though. They use the videos as click-bait to lure people into watching or clicking their link. They get paid for high traffic to their link or site.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

oh man thats a bad day right there. not only the jeep but both bikes.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
Wanna bet the cops were happy to write up this accident report, unlike a normal one.
Not likely a supervisor or another traffic patrol had to do the report in a lot of departments. What really stinks is some departments the officer(s) still end up getting a "time out" off road and drug test too. Now that there is this video it might spare them of that.
Sponsored