Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My first car was a '54 Firedome; DeSoto sponsored, "You Bet Your Life", with Groucho Marx hosting in 1954, available on Youtube. Commercials featured a model identical to the one I drove, a cream and turquoise job. "DeSoto's Firedome Hemi V-8 produced 170 horsepower." The problem was the car weighed 6000 lbs, came with a single throat carburetor and 2 speed automatic! Gear ratios were high and higher, making 7 miles per gallon both in town and highway. You could stand up in that car! The backs of both front and back divan style seats rose above my head and I was 6 feet tall. The steering wheel was modeled after the helm in the Titanic. Four football players stuffed in the trunk could be smuggled into a drive-in theater. I was the designated driver when we tripple dated. Had some great friends then....they all pitched in on an old Checker Cab floor mounted meter and gave it to me for graduation.
So cool. You sound old.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
The only thing possibly worse would be to reimagine the Wrangler as a van.
I gotta disagree about the van. I think a jeep forward control camping van would be awesome. I’m picturing an aggressive off-roader that someone could stand up in. Pop up top of course. Deigned like a mini RV. Sign me up.
Sponsored