JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
besttop has repeatedly said JL core
doors are not yet being worked on. Maybe this is why?

Please bestop make JL core doors.
Really hope BesTop offers them for JLUs. Their prices on JKs seem pretty reasonable…I’d definitely get a set if price for JLs is similar. 🤞

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
There's less metal in them than half doors, so that would make them, uh, less expensive, right?

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
There's less metal in them than half doors, so that would make them, uh, less expensive, right?
haha, we can only wish! Due to more complex forming and very low volume, at least in the beginning, I'm betting they will be the most expensive of all the door options available now.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Dang, I just got a set of half doors for my jl too lol

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I'd definitely buy those, almost immediately, if they weren't so freakishly ugly.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Mm. These things sometimes get lost in translation.

Trail/tube doors serve a discrete and practical purpose, and are freely available. Proper factory half doors serve their own purpose (aesthetics), and have been available for almost a year now. Combining the two just doesn't click, though.

File this under Eye of the beholder, but my wallet will give the doughnuts a pass.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Half doors or donut doors… that’s not priority… Jeep first has to fix the upper halves! The uppers worked so well on the JKs. On the JL they really messed them up. I saw on the forum how someone complained they flapped in the wind at high speeds. Mine were fine, but one day I experienced the same thing and it was freaky. The top of the uppers (all four of them) separate from the vehicle creating a flapping gap at high speed… hard to explain. You buy a new car and expect your door to function as doors. No wonder they made us buy two sets of doors. Maybe they knew the half doors had problems.

Don’t get me wrong… I absolutely love the half doors and can’t imagine owning a Jeep without them, so I am really happy they brought them back finally… really… it was the only reason I replaced my older jeep with a new one. But on my JK, for over a decade, they worked so well year round in east coast weather.

The JL uppers could be designed better. I can get into specifics with its shortcomings but it would take too much space and hard to explain in writing.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm pretty sure I will be able to find a pair of OEM front half doors before Bestop JL Core Doors ever come out.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
True, but once again, it looks like it'll take the Bronco to get them to get off their asses and actually offer them.
Not really since Ford has already said that they aren't going to offer those doors.

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
Jeep Patent Reveals Bronco-Style Donut Doors for the Wrangler

People were mad when Ford said it wouldn't make them for the Bronco. Now, though, Jeepers might be in luck.

December 14, 2021
Remember when the 2021 Ford Bronco was unveiled? It's been over a year since the Blue Oval's 4x4 burst onto the scene as a flashy two-door. Orders flowed in and the off-roading world was set alight. Ford said they were only a part of the concept vehicle and wouldn't be offered for sale, kind of like the Bronco itself since Ford can't figure out how to actually manufacture them;
There fixed it! LOL :)

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Not really since Ford has already said that they aren't going to offer those doors.
I'm not talking about the Bronco. I'm talking about the Wrangler. It took the Bronco to get us a 392, better gearing and larger tires from the factory, and now perhaps the donut doors.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Half doors or donut doors… that’s not priority… Jeep first has to fix the upper halves! The uppers worked so well on the JKs.

On the JL they really messed them up. I saw on the forum how someone complained they flapped in the wind at high speeds.
The factory soft uppers on my YJ exhibited the same flapping at highway speeds, particularly if it was a windy day. I figured it came with the territory; the soft top itself was darn noisy above 50 mph or so. I was young and pretty forgiving of that vehicle's shortcomings.

Those were inverted times: half doors & soft uppers were standard, whereas full size doors were a pricey and infrequently seen option.
Sponsored