dan1000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe >-- Bluebird Wanderlodge PT-38
I just installed an RViBrake 3 unit, and am extremely pleased with it. One thing: I had to use the "Active" (rather than "Vacuum") braking setting, to avoid the unit pushing too hard on the brakes and locking up the wheels. The instruction video mentioned that "any hybrid needs the 'active' setting" (paraphrasing).

The unit fits like a glove, and since I also installed the wireless breakaway system, no holes in the floor or firewall needed (not that holes are a big deal).

I went with Maximus-3 Tow Loops, a Curt wiring harness, and RViBrake 3 with wireless breakaway. The hardest part was figuring out where to mount the breakaway and the wiring harness socket for a clean look.

View from the business end
IMG_2966.JPG

Breakaway
IMG_2968.JPG

Wiring harness socket (sorry about hole-saw wound)
IMG_2967.JPG

Wireless breakaway velcro'd to battery
IMG_2969.JPG

Hooked up and ready to go
IMG_2972.JPG

Anything special needed for braking while towing or will any supplemental braking systems that works for other wranglers work on the 4xe?

Last edited:

jpqst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I appreciate the detailed reply. I just called Jeep and they said once the Jeep is off and in neutral only friction braking is in play. I ordered the complete NSA tow bar with surge brake and well as the same Maximus loops as you. Hopefully it all works ok

I just installed an iRVBrake 3 unit, and am extremely pleased with it. One thing: I had to use the "Active" (rather than "Vacuum") braking setting, to avoid the unit pushing too hard on the brakes and locking up the wheels. The instruction video mentioned that "any hybrid needs the 'active' setting" (paraphrasing).

The unit fits like a glove, and since I also installed the wireless breakaway system, no holes in the floor or firewall needed (not that holes are a big deal).

I went with Maximus-3 Tow Loops, a Curt wiring harness, and iRVBrake 3 with wireless breakaway. The hardest part was figuring out where to mount the breakaway and the wiring harness socket for a clean look.

View from the business end
IMG_2966.JPG

Breakaway
IMG_2968.JPG

Wiring harness socket (sorry about hole-saw wound)
IMG_2967.JPG

Wireless breakaway velcro'd to battery
IMG_2969.JPG

Hooked up and ready to go
IMG_2972.JPG

Last edited:

Freeland Jeep