YYZ

First Name
Yz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hello,

I am leasing a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport since March. I noticed that there is water dripping from the exhaust/muffler side but I am not sure if this is normal. I also noticed that the acceleration is not so smooth but I am used to regular engines.

I am not sure how to explain the acceleration part. When I start pressing the gas, I notice that there is a gap or slow response until the engine picks up to the speed that I want. For example, I am entering the high way and I want to accelerate, there is no way to do that smoothly, either I have to press hard on the gas where it is noticeable to the passengers or it takes time to get to the speed I want gradually. I didn't have that in my older car which has a regular engine. The Wrangler has the new engine 2.0 DOHC I-4 trubo engine w/ESS, I have attached a screenshot.

I am not a car enthusiast and this is my first Jeep so both questions might sound funny to the experts here :)

Thanks

wrangler.png
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That hole is intentionally there to let any condensation drip out, or the muffler would rot

Reactions: YYZ

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
2(C8H18)+25(O2)+heat=>16(CO2)+18(H2O)

• Haha

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

The engine response lag you are feeling could be (1) turbo lag, which is inherent to turbo engines, or (2) you need to get used to your Jeep’s throttle response.

You can Google “turbo lag” to know more on it if interested.

Over the years I’ve met a handful people who were not used to Chrysler throttles struggle to modulate a smooth acceleration. You get the hang of it quickly.

Good luck.

OP
OP

YYZ

First Name
Yz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That hole is intentionally there to let any condensation drip out, or the muffler would rot
Opps, I feel embarrassed but I learned something lol - Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

YYZ

First Name
Yz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum!

The engine response lag you are feeling could be (1) turbo lag, which is inherent to turbo engines, or (2) you need to get used to your Jeep’s throttle response.

You can Google “turbo lag” to know more on it if interested.

Over the years I’ve met a handful people who were not used to Chrysler throttles struggle to modulate a smooth acceleration. You get the hang of it quickly.

Good luck.

Thank you! I am reading about it now. I am trying to get used to it especially when going from low speed to higher speeds or when I start accelerating when the traffic light turns green.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Opps, I feel embarrassed but I learned something lol - Thanks!

Not to worry, we all have to learn as we go from time to time. As far as the lag I think I would have the dealer check it out. Todays turbo's may have a little lag, but from what you described I think that is too much (Disclaimer: Mines a 3.6L so I may be off here, but it doesn't hurt to make sure). Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your Jeep.
Sponsored